Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Premenstrual syndrome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 139: 85-104
- Ineffectiveness of progesterone suppository treatment for premenstrual syndrome.JAMA. 1990; 264: 349-353
- The effects of vitamin B6 supplementation on premenstrual symptoms.Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 70: 145-149
- Lasting response to ovariectomy in severe intractable premenstrual syndrome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 162: 99-105
- The use of LHRH agonist, buserelin, in the long term management of premenstrual syndrome.Clin Endocrinol. 1987; 26: 171-182
- Treatment of severe premenstrual syndrome with oestradiol patches and cyclical norethistrone.Lancet. 1989; 2: 730-732
- Treatment of premenstrual syndrome with fluoxetine; a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study.Am J Psychiatry. 1990; 147: 207-210
- Calcium supplementation in premenstrual syndrome: a randomized crossover trial.J Gen Intern Med. 1989; 4: 183-189
- Dietary calcium and manganese effects on menstrual cycle symptoms.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 168: 1417-1423
- An association between osteoporosis and premenstrual and postmenstrual symptoms.Bone Miner. 1994; 24: 127-134
- Reduced bone mass in women with premenstrual syndrome.J Womens Health. 1995; 4: 161-168
- Calcium regulating hormones across the menstrual cycle—evidence of a secondary hyperparathyroidism in women with PMS.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995; 80: 2227-2232
- Comparative analysis of three PMS assessment instruments: the identification of premenstrual syndrome with core symptoms.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1995; 31: 389-396
- Premenstrual syndrome: current findings and future directions. American Psychiatric Press, Washington1985: 88
- Premenstrual and menstrual symptom clusters and response to calcium treatment.Psychopharmacol Bull. 1991; 27: 145-148
- Changes in plasma hormones across the menstrual cycle in patients with menstrually related mood disorder and in control subjects.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 158: 5-11
- Clomipramine effectively reduces premenstrual irritability and dysphoria: a placebo-controlled trial.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1992; 85: 39-47
- A double-blind trial of oral progesterone, alprazolam, and placebo in treatment of severe premenstrual syndrome.JAMA. 1995; 274: 51-57
- Fluoxetine in the treatment of premenstrual dysphoria.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 1529-1534
- Fluoxetine treatment of severe premenstrual syndrome.BMJ. 1992; 305: 346-347
- Dietary reference intakes for calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin D and fluoride.National Academy Press, Washington1997
- Hyperparathyroidism: neuropsychiatric manifestations.Psychosomatics. 1985; 26: 597-601
- Psychiatric morbidity in primary hyperparathyroidism.World J Surg. 1988; 12: 476-481
- Imipramine receptor binding and serotonin uptake in platelets of women with premenstrual changes.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1991; 31: 146-152
- Serum and red cell magnesium levels in patients with PMT.Am J Clin Nutr. 1981; 34: 2364-2366
- Oral magnesium successfully relieves premenstrual mood changes.Obstet Gynecol. 1991; 78: 177-181
☆From St. Luke’s–Roosevelt Hospital Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, and the Medical and Regulatory Division, SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare. A complete list of the members of the Premenstrual Syndrome Study Group appears at the end of the article.
☆☆Supported by a grant from SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare.
★Reprint requests: Susan Thys-Jacobs, MD, St. Luke’s–Roosevelt Hospital Center, 425 West 59th St, Suite 9C, New York, NY 10019.
★★0002-9378/98 $5.00 + 0 6/1/90209