Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Progestin effect on cell proliferation and 17-β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in normal human breast cells in culture.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1986; 63: 1174-1180
- Progestin stimulation of thymidine kinase in the human breast cancer cell line T47D.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991; 1096: 170-174
- Effects of progestagens and Org OD14 in in vitro and in vivo tumor models.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994; 49: 311-318
- Progestin regulation of insulin and insulin-like growth factor 1 receptors in cultured human breast cancer cells.Breast Cancer Res. 1992; 22: 69-79
- Oral contraceptive use influences breast cell proliferation.Hum Pathol. 1989; 20: 1139-1144
- A correlative morphologic study of human breast and endometrium in the menstrual cycle.Am J Surg Pathol. 1986; 10: 382-393
- The effect of age and menstrual cycle upon proliferative activity of the normal human breast.Br J Cancer. 1988; 58: 163-170
- The correlation of histologic changes in the human breast with the menstrual cycle.Am J Pathol. 1981; 104: 23-34
- Immunobiochemical and molecular biologic characterization of the cell proliferation-associated nuclear antigen that is defined by monoclonal antibody Ki-67.Am J Pathol. 1991; 138: 867-873
- Serum levels of 4-androstene 3,17-dione in menstruating and postmenopausal women.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1983; 62: 531-534
- Aspiration biopsy in diagnosis of palpable lesions of the breast.Acta Radiol. 1968; 7: 241-262
- Immunocytochemical analysis of receptors for estrogen and progesterone in fine needle aspirates from human mammary carcinomas.Diagn Cytopathol. 1990; 6: 95-98
- Effects of hormone replacement therapy on the mammary gland of surgically postmenopausal macaques.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 174: 93-100
- Progestin regulation of cellular proliferation.Endocr Rev. 1990; 11: 266-300
- Expression and regulation of cyclin genes in breast cancer.Acta Oncol. 1995; 34: 651-656
- Estrogenic potential of progestins in oral contraceptives to stimulate human breast cancer cell proliferation.Cancer Res. 1992; 52: 6539-6546
- Preferential stimulation of human progesterone receptor B expression by estrogen in T-47D human breast cancer cells.J Biol Chem. 1995; 270: 30693-30700
- Influences of percutaneous administration of estradiol and progesterone on human breast epithelial cell cycle in vivo.Fertil Steril. 1995; 63: 785-791
- Steroid concentrations in serum, glandular breast tissue, and breast cyst fluid of control and progesterone treated patients.in: Endocrinology of cystic breast disease. Raven Press, New York1983: 93-99
- The proliferation of normal human breast tissue implanted into athymic nude mice is stimulated by estrogen but not progesterone.Endocrinology. 1995; 136: 164-171
- Regulation of estradiol 17β hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in breast tissues: the role of growth factors.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1991; 39: 791-798
- Metabolism of estrone sulfate by normal breast tissue: influence of menopausal status and oral contraceptives.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994; 48: 221-224
- Estrogen and progesterone receptor content in breast epithelial cells from healthy women during the menstrual cycle.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 168: 874-879
- Progesterone effects on deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis in normal mouse mammary glands.Endocrinology. 1988; 122: 464-470
- Distribution of estradiol and percentage of free testosterone in sera of Japanese women: preoperative breast cancer and normal controls.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1987; 79: 1199-1204
☆From the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,a the Department of Oncology,b and the Division for Clinical Cytology, Department of Pathology,c Karolinska Hospital, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital.d
☆☆Supported by the Swedish Medical Research Council (Project No. 5982), the Karolinska Institute Research Funds, and the Swedish Cancer Society.
★Reprint requests: Gunnar Söderqvist, MD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, S-171 76 Stockholm, Sweden.