Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Altered release of endothelin-1,2 and thromboxane B2 from trophoblastic cells in pre-eclampsia.Eur J Clin Invest. 1996; 26: 30-37
- Preeclampsia: an imbalance in placental prostacyclin and thromboxane production.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 152: 335-340
- Lipid peroxidation in pregnancy.Hypertens Pregn. 1994; 13: 1-32
- Low-dose aspirin inhibits thromboxane, but not prostacyclin, production by human placental arteries.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 159: 1381-1384
- Aspirin differentially affects thromboxane and prostacyclin production by trophoblast and villous core compartments of human placental villi.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 1593-1598
- Effect of magnesium sulfate on plasma endothelin-1 levels in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 167: 1554-1559
- The plasma renin-angiotensin system in preeclampsia: effects of magnesium sulfate.Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 73: 934-937
- Magnesium sulfate: rationale for its use in preeclampsia.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986; 83: 1075-1078
- The effects of dihydralazine, labetalol and magnesium sulphate on the isolated, perfused human placental cotyledon.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1994; 101: 871-878
- Red blood cells generate nitric oxide from directly acting nitrogenous vasodilators.Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1987; 91: 429-438
- Effect of inhibition of nitric oxide synthetase and guanylate cyclase on dihydralazine-induced vasodilatation of the human fetal placental circulation.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 1994; 21: 615-622
- Purification, characterization, and in vitro differentiation of cytotrophoblast from human term placentae.Endocrinology. 1986; 18: 1567-1582
- Insulin and glucose do not affect the glycogen content in isolated and cultured trophoblast cells of human term placenta.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991; 73: 888-891
- Aspirin inhibits both lipid peroxides and thromboxane in pre-eclamptic placentas.Free Radic Biol Med. 1995; 18: 585-591
- Maternal ingestion of acetylsalicylic acid inhibits fetal and neonatal prostacyclin and thromboxane in humans.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 1555: 345-349
- Study of thromboxane and prostacyclin metabolism in an in vitro model of first-trimester human trophoblast.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 167: 1046-1052
- The aspirin and heme-binding sites of ovine and murine prostaglandin endoperoxide synthases.J Biol Chem. 1990; 265: 5192-5198
- Acetylation of human prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase-2 (cyclooxygenase-2) by aspirin.J Biol Chem. 1994; 269: 13207-13215
- Reduction of thromboxane A2 synthesis in pregnancy by polyunsaturated fatty acid supplements.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 168: 122-124
- Effects of fish oil supplementation in the third trimester of pregnancy on prostacyclin and thromboxane production.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 168: 915-922
- Preeclampsia: more than pregnancy-induced hypertension.Lancet. 1993; 341: 1447-1451
- Amplification of LTB4 generation in AM-PMN cocultures: transcellular 5-lipoxygenase metabolism.Am J Physiol. 1991; 261: 195-203
- Effect of low-dose aspirin on angiotensin II pressor response in human pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 156: 193-194
- Magnesium sulphate reverses the carotid vasoconstriction caused by endothelin-I, angiotensin II and neuropeptide-Y, but not that caused by NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester, in conscious rats.Clin Sci. 1993; 85: 175-181
- Liquid chromatographic determination of dihydralazine and hydralazine in human plasma and its application to pharmacokinetic studies of dihydralazine.J Pharm Sci. 1985; 74: 1270-1273
☆From the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Graza and Washington University School of Medicine.b
☆☆Supported by an Alpe-Adria grant from the Styrian regional government, a Lisa-Meitner fellowship from the Austrian Science Foundation (Fonds zur Foerderung der Wissenschaftlichen Forschung sterreichs) (M.C.), and National Institutes of Health grant No. RO1 HD29190 (D.M.N.).
★Reprint requests: Gernot Desoye, PhD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karl-Franzens University of Graz, A-8036 Graz, Austria.