Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- α-Adrenergic receptors in human myometrium during pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 154: 601-606
- The effects of α- and β-adrenergic stimulation on contractility and prostaglandin (prostaglandins E2 and F2α and 6-keto-prostaglandin F1α) production of pregnant human myometrial strips.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 152: 852-856
- Decreased myometrial β-adrenoceptors in women receiving β2-adrenergic tocolytic therapy: correlation with lymphocyte β-adrenoceptors.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1989; 45: 1-8
- Platelet α2-adrenoceptor density in pregnancy-induced hypertensive patients: effect of epidural analgesia.J Hypertens. 1992; 10: 831-837
- Turning off the signal: desensitization of β-adrenergic receptor function.FASEB J. 1990; 4: 2881-2889
- Plasma catecholamine modulation of alpha2 adrenoreceptor agonist affinity and sensitivity in normotensive and hypertensive human platelets.J Clin Invest. 1986; 77: 1416-1421
- Lymphocyte β2-adrenoceptor density during menstrual cycle and pregnancy, in delivery and puerperium.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1990; 34: 79-87
- Lymphocyte β2-adrenoceptors and adenosine 3`:5`-cyclic monophosphate during and after normal pregnancy.Br J Pharmacol. 1993; 108: 356-362
- Reduced β2-adrenoceptor sensitivity in normal pregnancy but not in pregnancy-induced hypertension.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1988; 25: 262-267
- β-Adrenoceptor changes in mononuclear leukocytes during pregnancy.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1995; 209: 157-162
- The chronotropic effect of isoproterenol is reduced in term pregnant women.Anesthesiology. 1988; 69: 626-628
- Changes in platelet α2-adrenoceptor binding post partum: possible relation to maternity blues.Lancet. 1983; 1: 495-498
- Longitudinal studies of platelet cyclic AMP during healthy pregnancy and pregnancies at risk of pre-eclampsia.Clin Sci. 1995; 89: 91-99
- Alpha-adrenergic receptors in human myometrium: changes during pregnancy.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1993; 36: 75-80
- Correlation between beta- and alpha-adrenergic receptor concentrations in human placenta.J Recept Res. 1994; 14: 187-195
- Schwangerschaftsbedingte veränderungen adrenerger rezeptoren.Z Geburtshilfe Perinatol. 1991; 195: 182-186
- Correlation between human myometrial and platelet α2-adrenoceptor density.Eur J Pharmacol. 1988; 150: 403-404
- Direct relationship between mononuclear leukocyte and lung β-adrenergic receptors and apparent reciprocal regulation of extravascular, but not intravascular, α- and β-adrenergic receptors by the sympathochromaffin system in humans.J Clin Invest. 1988; 82: 48-56
- Down-regulation and desensitization of the β-adrenergic receptor system of human lymphocytes after cardiac surgery.Anesth Analg. 1993; 77: 653-661
- A new method for isolation of human lymphocyte subsets reveals differential regulation of β-adrenergic receptors by terbutaline treatment.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1989; 46: 429-439
- Alterations of the β-adrenergic receptor system after thoracic and abdominal surgery.Anesth Analg. 1994; 79: 821-828
- Failure to demonstrate decreased β-adrenergic receptor concentration or decreased agonist efficacy in term or preterm human parturition.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 154: 450-456
- Resistance of β2-adrenoceptor–mediated responses of lung strips to desensitization by long-term agonist exposure—comparison with atrial β1-adrenoceptor–mediated responses.Eur J Pharmacol. 1992; 215: 209-219
- Lymphocyte subpopulations in early human pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 83: 941-946
- Human myometrial GαS-small (with serine) and GS-large (with serine) messenger ribonucleic acid splice variants promote the increased expression of 46- and 54-kilodalton GαS protein isoforms in pregnancy and their down-regulation during labor.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996; 81: 1069-1075
☆From the Department of Anesthesiology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
☆☆Supported in part by a Clinical Scholar Award from the International Anesthesia Research Society.
★Reprints not available from the authors.