Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Preterm birth prevention: where are we?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 168: 1223-1230
- The contribution of low birthweight to infant mortality and childhood morbidity.N Engl J Med. 1985; 312: 82-90
- A national survey on preterm labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 160: 1352-1360
- Comparison of magnesium sulfate, terbutaline, and placebo for inhibition of preterm labor, a randomized study.J Reprod Med. 1984; 29: 92-97
- A comparison of ritodrine, terbutaline, and magnesium sulfate for suppression of preterm labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 153: 854-859
- Efficacy and side effects of magnesium sulfate and ritodrine as tocolytic agents.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 159: 685-689
- Magnesium sulfate and ritodrine hydrochloride: a randomized comparison.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 156: 631-637
- Premature parturition after infusion of corticotrophin or cortisol into foetal lambs.J Endocrinol. 1968; 42: 323-329
- Activation of ovine fetal adrenal function by pulsatile or continuous administration of adrenocorticotropin (1-24), I: effects on fetal plasma corticosteroids.Endocrinology. 1983; 113: 770-776
- Failure of ritodrine to prevent preterm labor in the sheep.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 167: 1399-1408
- Behavioural activity during prolonged hypoxemia in fetal sheep.J Appl Physiol. 1988; 65: 2420-2426
- Pharmacokinetics of magnesium sulfate in the sheep model.Pediatr Pharmacol. 1985; 5: 189-199
- Fetal magnesium homeostasis in the sheep.Exp Physiol. 1990; 75: 681-688
- Foetal plasma magnesium levels during maternal hypo- or hypermagnesaemia in ewes.Br J Nutr. 1979; 42: 559-566
- The effects of indomethacin on uterine activity and prostaglandin (PG) concentrations during labour induced by administering ACTH to fetal sheep.Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1982; 60: 1200-1209
- Electromyographic activity of the nonpregnant and pregnant sheep uterus.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 142: 448-457
- Calcium and mineral metabolism in the fetus.in: Textbook of fetal physiology. Oxford University Press, Oxford1994: 369-387
- Variations in the distribution of calcium, magnesium and inorganic phosphorus within chronically catheterized sheep conceptuses during the last eight weeks of pregnancy.Q J Exp Physiol. 1977; 62: 55-63
- The effect of magnesium sulfate tocolysis on the fetal biophysical profile.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 771-774
- Effect of intravenous magnesium sulfate on the biophysical profile of the healthy preterm fetus.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 170: 1131-1135
☆From the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Physiology, Medical Research Council Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, University of Western Ontario, Lawson Research Institute, St. Joseph's Health Centre.
☆☆Supported by a grant from the Physicians' Services Incorporated Foundation and the Medical Research Council of Canada.
★Reprint requests: Hani A. Akoury, MD, Toronto Hospital—General Division, Room 224, 200 Elizabeth St., 6 Eaton North, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4.