Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase: why two isoforms?.Am J Physiol. 1996; 70: G393-G400
- Preeclampsia: an imbalance in placental prostacyclin and thromboxane production.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 152: 335-340
- Hypertension in pregnancy. Washington: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.(Technical Bulletin No. 219)1996
- Differential inhibition of prostacyclin production and platelet aggregation by aspirin.Lancet. 1979; 2: 1213-1216
- Thromboxane and prostacyclin production by different compartments of the human placental villus.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1989; 68: 676-683
- Eicosanoid biosynthetic enzymes in placental and decidual tissues from preeclamptic pregnancies: increased expression of thromboxane-A2 synthase gene.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994; 78: 1225-1231
- Differentiation and growth on a fibrin matrix modulate the cyclooxygenase expression and thromboxane production by cultured human placental trophoblasts.Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 1995; 52: 21-27
- Increased production of 15-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid by placentae from pregnancies complicated by pregnancy-induced hypertension.Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 1991; 43: 61-62
- Current topic: pre-eclampsia and the placenta.Placenta. 1991; 12: 301-308
- Identification of a pharmacologically distinct prostaglandin H synthase in cultured epithelial cells.J Biol Chem. 1992; 267: 21438-21445
- Purification, characterization, and in vitro differentiation of cytotrophoblasts from human term placentae.Endocrinology. 1986; 118: 1567-1582
- Pentose phosphate pathway in cellular trophoblasts from full-term human placentas.Am J Physiol. 1991; 261: C1042-C1047
- Induction of manganese superoxide dismutase in cultured human trophoblast during in vitro differentiation.Dev Biol. 1992; 149: 177-184
- A fibrin matrix modulates the proliferation, hormone secretion and morphologic differentiation of cultured human placental trophoblast.Placenta. 1992; 13: 163-177
- Electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose sheets: procedure and some applications.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1979; 76: 4350-4354
- Prostaglandin endoperoxide synthases-1 and -2.J Lipid Mediat Cell Signal. 1995; 12: 139-156
- Differential inhibition of prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase (cyclooxygenase) isozymes by aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.J Biol Chem. 1993; 268: 6610-6614
- Overexpression of human prostaglandin G/H synthase-1 and -2 by recombinant vaccinia virus: inhibition by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and biosynthesis of 15-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid.Mol Pharmacol. 1993; 45: 245-254
- Aspirin inhibits interleukin 1 induced prostaglandin H synthase expression in cultured endothelial cells.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991; 88: 2384-2387
- The structural basis of aspirin activity inferred from the crystal structure of inactivated prostaglandin H2 synthase.Nature Struct Biol. 1995; 2: 637-643
- Drugs which inhibit prostaglandin biosynthesis.Pharmacol Rev. 1974; 26: 33-67
- Prostaglandin endoperoxide-H synthase-1 and -2 messenger ribonucleic acid levels in human amnion with spontaneous labor onset.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995; 80: 517-523
- Differential cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 gene expression in human myometria from preterm and term deliveries.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994; 79: 894-899
- Placental prostacyclin production in normal and toxemic pregnancies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 151: 110-115
- 15-Hydroxy-5,8,11,13-eicosatetraenoic acid inhibits human vascular cyclooxygenase: potential role in diabetic vascular disease.J Clin Invest. 1986; 77: 202-211
☆From the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine a and University of Cincinnati.b
☆☆National Institutes of Health grant No. 1 R01 HD29190.
★Reprint requests: D. Michael Nelson, MD, PhD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 4911 Barnes Hospital Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63110-1094.