Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Apoptosis: a basic biological phenomenon with wide-ranging implications in tissue kinetics.Br J Cancer. 1972; 26: 239-257
- Cell injury and death.in: Oxford textbook of pathology. volume 1. Oxford University Press, Oxford1992: 141-147 (principles of pathology)
- Apoptosis in the pathogenesis and treatment of disease.Science. 1995; 267: 1456-1462
- Apoptosis (the 1992 Frank Rose Memorial Lecture).Br J Cancer. 1993; 67: 205-208
- Definition and incidence of apoptosis: an historical perspective.in: Apoptosis: the molecular basis of programmed cell death. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor1991: 5-29 (Current Communications in Cell and Molecular Biology 3)
- Review: apoptosis in disease.Eur J Clin Invest. 1994; 24: 715-723
- Identification of programmed cell death in situ via specific labelling of nuclear DNA fragmentation.J Cell Biol. 1992; 119: 493-501
- Large-scale normal cell death in the developing rat kidney and its reduction by epidermal growth factor.Development. 1993; 118: 777-784
- Mesangial cell apoptosis: the major mechanism for resolution of glomerular hypercellularity in experimental mesangial proliferative nephritis.J Clin Invest. 1994; 94: 2105-2116
- Placental apoptosis in pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth retardation.Hypertens Pregnancy. 1996; (In press)
- Markers of regulation of apoptosis and cell proliferation in preterm and term placental villi.J Soc Gynecol Invest. 1996; 3 ([abstract]): 80A
- Expression of Bcl-2 and Bax in human placenta.J Soc Gynecol Invest. 1996; 3 ([abstract]): 226A
- Patterns of bcl-2 expression in the placenta.Pathol Res Pract. 1995; 191: 1239-1244
- Apoptotic changes occur in syncytiotrophoblast of human placental villi where fibrinoid is deposited at discontinuities in the villous trophoblast.Placenta. 1996; 17: 387-391
- The individualised birthweight ratio: a more logical outcome measure of pregnancy than birthweight alone.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1993; 100: 342-347
- Apoptosis: the role of the endonuclease in.Am J Pathol. 1990; 136: 593-608
- Differentiation between cellular apoptosis and necrosis by the combined use of in situ tailing and nick translation technique.Lab Invest. 1994; 71: 221-225
- Apoptotic cells in the human endometrium and placental villi: pitfalls in applying the TUNEL method.Arch Histol Cytol. 1995; 58: 185-190
- Molecular mechanisms of apoptosis.in: Apoptosis in normal development and cancer. Taylor and Francis, London1996: 39-59
- Programmed cell death, apoptosis and killer genes.Immunol Today. 1993; 14: 582-590
- Do all programmed cell deaths occur by apoptosis?.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993; 90: 980-984
- Proliferative versus hypertrophic growth in tissue subcompartments of human placental villi during gestation.J Anat. 1994; 184: 535-543
- Quantitative evidence for the spatial dispersal of trophoblast nuclei in human placental villi during gestation.Placenta. 1994; 15: 837-844
☆From the University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Nottingham, City Hospital.
☆☆Supported by the Trent Regional Health Authority, United Kingdom—directorate of research and development. S.C.S. is a WellBeing research training fellow.
★Reprints not available from the authors.