Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Cesarean section: guidelines for appropriate utilization.Springer-Verlag, New York1995
- Prevention of prolonged labor.BMJ. 1969; 2: 477-481
- Oxytocin augmentation of dysfunctional labor. I. Clinical data.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 144: 899-903
- Induction and augmentation of labor.The College, Washington1991 Jul (Technical Bulletin No.: 157)
- Effects of high-dose oxytocin augmentation on umbilical cord blood gas values in primigravid women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 159: 670-675
- Active management of labor as an alternative to cesarean sections for dystocia.Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 63: 485-490
- A controlled trial of a program for the active management of labor.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 450-454
- A clinical trial of active management of labor.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 745-750
- The effect of active management of labor on the incidence of cesarean section for dystocia in nulliparae.Am J Perinat Med. 1991; 8: 375-380
- Active management of labor and operative delivery in nulliparous women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 158: 255-259
- Active management of labor is associated with a decrease in the cesarean section rate in nulliparae.Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 71: 150-153
- High versus low dose oxytocin for labor stimulation.Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 80: 11-15
- Factors affecting the dose response to oxytocin for labor stimulation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 166: 1260-1261
- Epidural block or parenteral pethidine as analgesic in labor: a randomized study concerning progress in labor and instrumental deliveries.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1989; 30: 27-33
- The effect of intrapartum epidural analgesia on nulliparous labor: a randomized controlled prospective trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169: 851-858
- Does early administration of epidural analgesia affect obstetric outcome in nulliparous women who are receiving intravenous oxytocin?.Anesthesiology. 1994; 80: 1193-1200
- Does early administration of epidural analgesia affect obstetric outcome in nulliparous women who are in spontaneous labor?.Anesthesiology. 1994; 80: 1201-1208
- Randomized trial of epidural versus intravenous analgesia during labor.Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 86: 783-789
- The graphic analysis of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1954; 68: 1568-1575
- Randomized trial of amniotomy in labor versus the intention to leave membranes intact until the second stage.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1992; 99: 5-9
- Effect of early amniotomy on the risk of dystocia in nulliparous women.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 1145-1149
- A multicenter randomised trial of amniotomy in spontaneous first labor at term.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1994; 101: 307-309
- The effect of a supportive companion on perinatal problems, length of labor, and mother-infant interaction.N Engl J Med. 1980; 303: 597-600
☆From the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,a the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine,b and the Department of Mathematics,c University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center.
☆☆Supported in part by National Center for Research Resources–General Clinical Research Center grant 3 MO1-RR00997 from the National Institutes of Health.
★Reprint requests: George J. Gilson, MD, 2211 Lomas NE, 4-ACC, Albuquerque, NM 87131.
★★0002-9378/97 $5.00 + 0 6/1/82779