Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pre-eclampsia: more than pregnancy-induced hypertension.Lancet. 1993; 341: 1447-1450
- The role of prostaglandins in obstetrical disorders.Baillieres Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 1992; 6: 809-827
- Nitric oxide: physiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology.Pharmacol Rev. 1991; 43: 109-142
- The action of nitric oxide in the perfused human fetal-placental circulation.AM J OBSTET GYNECOL. 1991; 164: 687-692
- Inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis in rats during pregnancy produces signs similar to those of preeclampsia.AM J OBSTET GYNECOL. 1993; 169: 1316-1320
- Hypothesis: inhibition of endothelium-derived relaxing factor by haemoglobin in the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia.Lancet. 1990; 336: 1030-1032
- Endothelial-derived relaxing factor released by endothelial cells of human umbilical vessels and its impairment in pregnancy-induced hypertension.AM J OBSTET GYNECOL. 1991; 164: 507-513
- Abnormal endothelial cell function of resistance arteries from women with preeclampsia.AM J OBSTET GYNECOL. 1993; 168: 1323-1330
- An in vitro model for studies on nitric oxide production in HUVECs.([Abstract 219])in: Proceedings of the eighth international symposium on the biology of vascular cells, Heidelberg, Germany, : International Symposium on the Biology of Vascular Cells, HeidelbergSeptember 30 - October 4, 1994
- Culture of human endothelial cells derived from umbilical veins: identification by morphologic and immunologic criteria.J Clin Invest. 1973; 52: 2745-2756
- Evaluation of a soluble tetrazolium/fomazan assay for cell growth and drug sensitivity in culture using human and other tumor cell lines.Cancer Res. 1988; 48: 4827-4833
- Ultrastructural aspects of preeclampsia, II: mitochondrial changes.AM J OBSTET GYNECOL. 1990; 163: 943-953
- Pre-eclampsia - a mitochondrial disease.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1989; 68: 145-148
- Relationship between nitric oxide synthesis and increase in systolic blood pressure in women with hypertension in pregnancy.Hypertens Pregnancy. 1993; 12: 85-92
- The role of nitric oxide in pathogenesis of preeclampsia.AM J OBSTET GYNECOL. 1994; 171: 944-948
- Plasma nitrite as a marker of nitric oxide production.Lancet. 1994; 344: 960
- Placental production of nitric oxide and endothelin in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies.Hypertens Pregnancy. 1994; 13: 171-178
- Plasma concentrations of endogenous inhibitor of nitric oxide synthesis in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia.Lancet. 1993; 342: 242-243
- Effect of labetalol on the release of prostacyclin and endothelin-1 by cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells and on the excretion of prostacyclin and thromboxane metabolites in preeclamptic patients.Hypertens Pregnancy. 1995; 14: 361-369
☆From the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecologyaand Clinical Chemistry,bUniversity of Helsinki.
☆☆Supported by the Academy of Finland.
★Reprint requests: Arto K. Orpana, PhD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 2, SF-00290, Helsinki, Finland.
★★0002-9378/96 $5.00 + 0 6/1/68223