Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Consensus definition of fetal growth restriction: a Delphi procedure.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 333-339
- Restricted physical activity in pregnancy reduces maternal vascular resistance and improves fetal growth.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 51: 672-676
- Association between prepregnancy cardiovascular function and subsequent preeclampsia or fetal growth restriction.Hypertension. 2018; 72: 442-450
- Hemodynamic maladaptation and left ventricular dysfunction in chronic hypertensive patients at the beginning of gestation and pregnancy complications: a case control study.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2022; 35: 3290-3296
- Wave reflections in the umbilical artery measured by Doppler ultrasound as a novel predictor of placental pathology.EBiomedicine. 2021; 67103326
- Fetal umbilical vein flow in the classification of fetuses with growth restriction.Reprod Med. 2021; 2: 50-56
- First-trimester umbilical vein blood flow in pregnancies with low serum pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A levels: an early predictor of fetal growth restriction.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 36: 433-438
- Longitudinal maternal hemodynamics in pregnancies affected by fetal growth restriction.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 49: 761-768
- Pregnancy complications in chronic hypertensive patients are linked to pre-pregnancy maternal cardiac function and structure.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223 (e1–13): 425
- ISUOG practice guidelines: use of Doppler ultrasonography in obstetrics.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 41: 233-239
- Distinction between SGA and FGR by means of fetal umbilical vein flow and maternal hemodynamics.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Longitudinal reference ranges for umbilical vein blood flow at a free loop of the umbilical cord.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 36: 567-572
- Fetal Medicine Foundation reference ranges for umbilical artery and middle cerebral artery pulsatility index and cerebroplacental ratio.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 53: 465-472
- Friendly help for clinical use of maternal hemodynamics.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; 34: 3075-3079
- Correlation between maternal body composition and haemodynamic changes in pregnancy: different profiles for different hypertensive disorders.Pregnancy Hypertens. 2017; 10: 131-134
- Maternal cardiovascular dysfunction is associated with hypoxic cerebral and umbilical Doppler changes.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 2891
- Maternal hemodynamics early in labor: a possible link with obstetric risk?.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 51: 509-513
- Preterm delivery and elevated maternal total vascular resistance: signs of suboptimal cardiovascular adaptation to pregnancy?.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 491-495
- Effect of a nitric oxide donor on maternal hemodynamics in fetal growth restriction.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 51: 514-518
- Early and persistent reduction in umbilical vein blood flow in the growth-restricted fetus: a longitudinal study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 834-838
- Umbilical vein blood flow in growth-restricted fetuses.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 16: 432-438
- Reference ranges for the intra-amniotic umbilical cord vein diameter, peak velocity and blood flow in a regional NSW population.Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2017; 20: 155-162
- Small size-specific umbilical vein diameter in severe growth restricted fetuses that die in utero.Prenat Diagn. 2008; 28: 908-913
- Computerized microscope morphometry of umbilical vessels from pregnancies with intrauterine growth retardation and abnormal umbilical artery Doppler.Hum Pathol. 1997; 28: 1139-1145
- Placental function and fetal weight are associated with maternal hemodynamic indices in uncomplicated pregnancies at 35-37 weeks of gestation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222 (e1–10): 604
- Maternal cardiac function at 35-37 weeks’ gestation: relationship with birth weight.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 49: 67-72
- Uterine and fetal placental Doppler indices are associated with maternal cardiovascular function.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220 (e1–8): 96
- Maternal cardiovascular potential and kinetic energy indices in pre-eclamptic and small-for-gestational-age pregnancies.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 59: 613-618
- Fetal growth restriction: does an integrated maternal hemodynamic-placental model fit better?.Reprod Sci. 2021; 28: 2422-2435
- Maternal and fetal hemodynamic effects induced by nitric oxide donors and plasma volume expansion in pregnancies with gestational hypertension complicated by intrauterine growth restriction with absent end-diastolic flow in the umbilical artery.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 31: 55-64
- Medical treatment of early-onset mild gestational hypertension reduces total peripheral vascular resistance and influences maternal and fetal complications.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 40: 325-331
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This research received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Cite this article as: Valensise H, Farsetti D, Pometti F, et al. The cardiac-fetal-placental unit: fetal umbilical vein flow rate is linked to the maternal cardiac profile in fetal growth restriction. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.