Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Individualization of controlled ovarian stimulation in IVF using ovarian reserve markers: from theory to practice.Hum Reprod Update. 2014; 20: 124-140
- Improving prediction of age at menopause using multiple anti-Müllerian hormone measurements: the Tehran lipid-glucose study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020; 105: dgaa083
- Does the anti-Mullerian hormone decline rate improve the prediction of age at menopause?.Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2021; 12727229
- Anti-Müllerian hormone in female reproduction.Endocr Rev. 2021; 42: 753-782
- Diagnostic value of anti-Mullerian hormone in ovarian granulosa cell tumor: a meta-analysis.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2020; 253: 266-272
- Ovarian reserve testing: a user’s guide.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 129-140
- Anti-Mullerian hormone: ovarian reserve testing and its potential clinical implications.Hum Reprod Update. 2014; 20: 688-701
- ESHRE consensus on the definition of ‘poor response’ to ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization: the Bologna criteria.Hum Reprod. 2011; 26: 1616-1624
- AntiMüllerian hormone: correlation with age and androgenic and metabolic factors in women from birth to postmenopause.Fertil Steril. 2016; 105: 481-485.e1
- Age-specific serum anti-Müllerian hormone values for 17,120 women presenting to fertility centers within the United States.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 747-750
- Reference range for the antiMüllerian hormone generation II assay: a population study of 10,984 women, with comparison to the established Diagnostics Systems Laboratory nomogram.Fertil Steril. 2014; 101: 523-529
- Age-specific serum antiMüllerian hormone levels in women with and without polycystic ovary syndrome.Fertil Steril. 2014; 102: 230-236.e2
- Age-independent anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) standard deviation scores to estimate ovarian function.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017; 213: 64-70
- Age-specific reference values and cut-off points for anti-Müllerian hormone in infertile women following a long agonist treatment protocol for IVF.J Endocrinol Invest. 2018; 41: 773-780
- Chronological age vs biological age: a retrospective analysis on age-specific serum anti-Müllerian hormone levels for 3280 females in reproductive center clinic.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2018; 34: 890-894
- Age-specific reference values improve the diagnostic performance of AMH in polycystic ovary syndrome.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2020; 58: 1291-1301
- Age-specific reference ranges of serum anti-müllerian hormone in healthy women and its application in diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome: a population study.BJOG. 2020; 127: 720-728
- Age specific serum anti-Mullerian hormone levels in 1,298 Korean women with regular menstruation.Clin Exp Reprod Med. 2011; 38: 93-97
- Age-specific serum anti-Mullerian hormone concentration in Japanese women and its usefulness as a predictor of the ovarian response.Reprod Med Biol. 2017; 16: 364-373
- A single-centre evaluation of two new anti-Mullerian hormone assays and comparison with the current clinical standard assay.Hum Reprod. 2014; 29: 1035-1041
- Generalized additive models for location, scale and shape.J R Stat Soc Ser C Appl Stat. 2005; 54: 507-544
- Generalized additive models for location scale and shape (GAMLSS) in R.J Stat Softw. 2008; 23: 1-46
- Worm plot: a simple diagnostic device for modelling growth reference curves.Stat Med. 2001; 20: 1259-1277
- Age-specific normal reference range for serum anti-Müllerian hormone in healthy Chinese Han women: a nationwide population-based study.Reprod Sci. 2016; 23: 1019-1027
- Establishing age-specific reference intervals for anti-Mullerian hormone in adult Chinese women based on a multicenter population.Clin Chim Acta. 2017; 474: 70-75
- Age-specific serum anti-Mullerian hormone levels: estimates from a large population-based sample.Climacteric. 2014; 17: 591-597
- Ethnic discordance in serum anti-Mullerian hormone in healthy women: a population study from China and Europe.Reprod Biomed Online. 2020; 40: 461-467
- Defining, establishing, and verifying reference intervals in the Clinical Laboratory; approved guideline—third edition.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, PA2008
- Reference range determination: the problem of small sample sizes.J Nucl Med. 1991; 3: 2306-2310
- Changes in the prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome in China over the past decade.Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2022; 25100494
- Criteria, prevalence, and phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome.Fertil Steril. 2016; 106: 6-15
- Race/ethnic disparities in reproductive age: an examination of ovarian reserve estimates across four race/ethnic groups of healthy, regularly cycling women.Fertil Steril. 2014; 101: 199-207
- Ethnicity/race and age-specific variations of serum AMH in women-a review.Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2020; 11593216
- Genetic variants and environmental factors associated with hormonal markers of ovarian reserve in Caucasian and African American women.Hum Reprod. 2012; 27: 594-608
- Anti-Mullerian hormone: genetic and environmental effects.Clin Chim Acta. 2018; 476: 123-129
- Reproductive and lifestyle determinants of anti-Mullerian hormone in a large population-based study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 98: 2106-2115
- Duration, recency, and type of hormonal contraceptive use and antiMullerian hormone levels.Fertil Steril. 2021; 116: 208-217
- Anti-Mullerian hormone levels among contraceptive users: evidence from a cross-sectional cohort of 27,125 individuals.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 225: 515.e1-515.e10
- Elevated levels of nitrous dioxide are associated with lower AMH levels: a real-world analysis.Hum Reprod. 2020; 35: 2589-2597
- Exposure to pyrethroid pesticides and ovarian reserve.Environ Int. 2020; 144106028
- International standards for fetal growth based on serial ultrasound measurements: the Fetal Growth Longitudinal Study of the INTERGROWTH-21st Project.Lancet. 2014; 384: 869-879
- International standards for newborn weight, length, and head circumference by gestational age and sex: the Newborn Cross-Sectional Study of the INTERGROWTH-21st Project.Lancet. 2014; 384: 857-868
- Back to the basics of ovarian aging: a population-based study on longitudinal anti-Mullerian hormone decline.BMC Med. 2016; 14: 151
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Y.H., R.Y., and J.L. are listed as joint first authors.
R.L., P.L., and J.Q. are listed as joint corresponding authors.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This work was funded by the National Key Research and Development Program (grant number 2018YFC1002106 ) and the Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission (grant number Z191100006619085 ). The funders had no role in the study design, data collection, analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
Cite this article as: Hao Y, Yang R, Li J, et al. Age-specific random day serum antimüllerian hormone reference values for women of reproductive age in the general population: a large Chinese nationwide population-based survey. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.