Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Morbidity and mortality among very-low-birth-weight neonates with intrauterine growth restriction. The Vermont Oxford Network.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 182: 198-206
- Cardiovascular programming in children born small for gestational age and relationship with prenatal signs of severity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 121.e1-121.e9
- Absent end-diastolic flow in first trimester umbilical artery.Lancet. 1988; 2: 1256-1257
- Umbilical artery flow velocity waveforms and placental resistance: the effects of embolization of the umbilical circulation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 157: 1443-1448
- Pathology and clinical implications of abnormal umbilical artery Doppler waveforms.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 9: 271-286
- Absence of end diastolic frequencies in umbilical artery: a sign of fetal hypoxia and acidosis.BMJ. 1988; 297: 1026-1027
- Fetal and umbilical Doppler ultrasound in high-risk pregnancies.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 6: CD007529
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Consult Series, #52: diagnosis and management of fetal growth restriction (replaces Clinical Guideline Number 3, April 2012).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: B2-B17
- Evidence-based national guidelines for the management of suspected fetal growth restriction: comparison, consensus, and controversy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S855-S868
- Intermittent absent end diastolic velocity of the umbilical artery: antenatal and neonatal characteristics and indications for delivery.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014; 27: 94-97
- In utero analysis of fetal growth: a sonographic weight standard.Radiology. 1991; 181: 129-133
- ACOG Practice bulletin no. 134: fetal growth restriction.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 1122-1133
- Short-term effects of glucocorticoids in the human fetal-placental circulation in vitro.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 2838-2842
- Corticosteroids and fetal vasculature: effects of hydrocortisone, dexamethasone and betamethasone on human umbilical artery.BJOG. 2002; 109: 1126-1131
- Effect of antenatal betamethasone administration on placental vascular resistance.Lancet. 1999; 353: 1404-1407
- Clinical implications of umbilical artery Doppler changes after betamethasone administration†.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 42-48
- The fetal cardiovascular response to antenatal steroids in severe early-onset intrauterine growth restriction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 296-304
- Extent of absent end-diastolic flow in umbilical artery and outcome of pregnancy.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 58: 369-376
- Fetal growth restriction: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 227.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: e16-e28
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Bligard KH, Xu X, Raghuraman N, et al. Clinical significance of umbilical artery intermittent vs persistent absent end-diastolic velocity in growth-restricted fetuses. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.