Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States, 2003.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 1091-1095
- Nationwide trends in the utilization of and payments for hysterectomy in the United States among commercially insured women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 425.e1-425.e18
- Same-day discharge after laparoscopic hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 1136-1141
- Systematic review of same-day discharge after minimally invasive hysterectomy.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2017; 136: 128-137
- Open abdominal versus laparoscopic and vaginal hysterectomy: analysis of a large United States payer measuring quality and cost of care.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009; 16: 581-588
- Implementation of a same-day discharge protocol following total laparoscopic hysterectomy.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2018; 40: 29-35
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy and early discharge: satisfaction and feasibility study.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2008; 15: 20-25
- Outpatient vaginal hysterectomy is safe for patients and reduces institutional cost.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2005; 12: 494-501
- Clinical outcomes after fast-track care in women undergoing laparoscopic hysterectomy.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015; 131: 301-304
- Factors influencing same-day hospital discharge and risk factors for readmission after robotic surgery in the gynecologic oncology patient population.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2015; 22: 219-226
- The feasibility and safety of same-day discharge after robotic-assisted hysterectomy alone or with other procedures for benign and malignant indications.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 133: 552-555
- Predictors of same-day discharge after minimally invasive hysterectomy for benign indications.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Surgical site infection following hysterectomy: adjusted rankings in a regional collaborative.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 259.e1-259.e8
- MSJAMA. Relationship Between travel distance and utilization of breast cancer treatment in rural northern Michigan.JAMA. 2002; 287: 111
- The association between distances traveled for care and treatment choices for pelvic floor disorders in a rural southwestern population.J Health Dispar Res Pract. 2014; 7: 23-32
- Same-day discharge is feasible and safe in patients undergoing minimally invasive staging for gynecologic malignancies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 186.e1-186.e8
- The volume-outcome paradigm for gynecologic surgery: clinical and policy implications.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 63: 252-265
- The impact of surgeon volume on perioperative outcomes in hysterectomy.JSLS. 2014; 18: 174-181
- Effect of surgical volume on outcomes for laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign indications.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 709-716
- Outcomes of hysterectomy performed by very low-volume surgeons.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 981-990
- Risk factors and outcomes for conversion to laparotomy of laparoscopic hysterectomy in benign gynecology.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 1295-1305
- Impact of hospital volume on operative mortality for major cancer surgery.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1747-1751
- Hospital volume and surgical mortality in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1128-1137
- Same-day discharge after laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 178-185
- Historical and forecasted changes in utilization of same-day discharge after minimally invasive hysterectomy.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2022; ([Epub ahead of print])
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Salary support for N.S.K. and D.M.M. is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. C.X.H. has no relevant financial disclosures to report.
The authors have no sources of funding to report.
Randomized Clinical Trial Status: This study is not a randomized clinical trial.
Cite this article as: Hong CX, Kamdar NS, Morgan DM. Predictors of same-day discharge following benign minimally invasive hysterectomy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;227:320.e1-9.