Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Ob/Gyn resident self-perceived preparedness for minimally invasive surgery.BMC Med Educ. 2020; 20: 185
- The obstetrics and gynecology milestone project.J Grad Med Educ. 2014; 6: 129-143
- Factors that influence applicants pursuing a fellowship in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2020; 27: 1070-1075
- Techniques of laparoscopic myomectomy.Reprod Biomed Online. 2011; 23: 34-39
- Gynecologic surgical skill acquisition through simulation with outcomes at the time of surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Effect of validated skills simulation on operating room performance in obstetrics and gynecology residents: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 578-584
- Validating a standardized laparoscopy curriculum for gynecology residents: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 204.e1-204.e11
- Does simulation-based medical education with deliberate practice yield better results than traditional clinical education? A meta-analytic comparative review of the evidence.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 706-711
- Randomized controlled trials: a systematic review of laparoscopic surgery and simulation-based training.Glob J Health Sci. 2014; 7: 310-327
- Fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery simulator training to proficiency improves laparoscopic performance in the operating room-a randomized controlled trial.Am J Surg. 2010; 199: 115-120
- Comparing surgical experience and skill using a high-fidelity, total laparoscopic hysterectomy model.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 97-108
- Use of the limbs and things hysterectomy model to describe the process for establishing validity.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018; 25: 1051-1059
- Development and validation of a laparoscopic simulation model for suturing the vaginal cuff.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 27S-35S
- Development and validation of a simulation model for laparoscopic colpotomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 19S-26S
- Development and validation of a laparoscopic hysterectomy cuff closure simulation model for surgical training.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 392.e1-392.e6
- Description and validation of the Pelv-Sim: a training model designed to improve gynecologic minimally invasive suturing skills.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2008; 15: 707-711
- Implementation and validation of a retroperitoneal dissection curriculum.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 395.e1-395.e11
- Obliterated posterior cul-de-sac laparoscopic surgical simulation.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 138: 95-99
- Validation of educational assessments: a primer for simulation and beyond.Adv Simul (Lond). 2016; 1: 31
- A global assessment tool for evaluation of intraoperative laparoscopic skills.Am J Surg. 2005; 190: 107-113
- Development and validation of a ureteral anastomosis simulation model for surgical training.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2013; 19: 346-351
- Surgeon volume in benign gynecologic surgery: review of outcomes, impact on training, and ethical contexts.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019; 26: 279-287
- Incorporating simulation into gynecologic surgical training.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 522-526
- Creation and piloting of a model for simulating a minimally invasive myomectomy.Cureus. 2019; 11: e4223
- Virtual reality training improves operating room performance: results of a randomized, double-blinded study.Ann Surg. 2002; 236: 458-463
- Proficiency-based virtual reality training significantly reduces the error rate for residents during their first 10 laparoscopic cholecystectomies.Am J Surg. 2007; 193: 797-804
- “Case Log Information: Obstetrics and Gynecology.” 2021.(Available at:)https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/pfassets/programresources/obgyncaseloginfo.pdfDate accessed: December 13, 2021
The authors have the following disclosures outside the area of the submitted work: I.C.G. has received a nonrestricted medical education grant from Intuitive Surgical. S.A.S. is a member on the advisory board for Myovant and receives royalties as a contributor for UpToDate. M.T.S. is a consultant for Applied Medical. K.N.W. is a consultant for Hologic, Karl Storz, and Aqua Therapeutics. M.D.T. is a consultant for Medtronic, Heracure Medical, and Ethicon. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.
No funding was received for this study.
Cite this article as: Schneyer R, Molina A, Green I, et al. Development and validation of a simulation model for laparoscopic myomectomy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;227:304.e1-9.