Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Assessing research gaps and unmet needs in endometriosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 86-94
- Fertility in the etiology of endometriosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1951; 61: 539-547
- Behind the times: revisiting endometriosis and race.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 35.e1-35.e5
- Influence of race/ethnicity on prevalence and presentation of endometriosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BJOG. 2019; 126: 1104-1115
- Surgical management of endometriosis in patients with chronic pelvic pain.Semin Reprod Med. 2017; 35: 54-64
- Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 10: CD011031
- Racial/ethnic disparities/differences in hysterectomy route in women likely eligible for minimally invasive surgery.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2020; 27: 1167-1177.e2
- Disparities in access to high-volume surgeons Within high-volume hospitals for hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 138: 208-217
- The foundation of modern racial categories and implications for research on black/white disparities in health.Ethn Dis. 2009; 19: 209-217
- Endometrial cancer disparities: a race-conscious critique of the literature.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 474-482.e2
- Beyond silence and inaction: changing the response to experiences of racism in the health care workforce.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 820-827
- Incorporating measures of structural racism into population studies of reproductive health in the United States: a Narrative Review.Health Equity. 2021; 5: 49-58
- Committee Opinion No 701: choosing the route of hysterectomy for benign disease.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: e155-e159
- Association of race/ethnicity with surgical route and perioperative outcomes of hysterectomy for leiomyomas.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2020; 28: 1403-1410.e2
- Surgical outcomes in patients with endometriosis: a systematic review.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2020; 42: 881-888.e11
- ESHRE guideline: management of women with endometriosis.Hum Reprod. 2014; 29: 400-412
- Racial and ethnic disparities in access to minimally invasive gynecologic surgery for benign pathology.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 33: 279-287
- Management of symptomatic uterine leiomyomas: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 228.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: e100-e115
- Contributors to racial disparities in minimally invasive hysterectomy in the US Department of Veterans Affairs.Med Care. 2019; 57: 930-936
- Factors associated with undergoing bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy at the time of hysterectomy for benign conditions.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 1259-1267
- Concomitant bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy at hysterectomy: differences by race and menopausal status in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System, 2007-2014.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2020; 29: 1513-1519
- Salpingo-oophorectomy at the time of benign hysterectomy: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 476-485
- Clinical management of endometriosis.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 557-571
A.J.P. reports his role as a speaker for Allergan and receiving royalties from UpToDate.
No financial support was received for the funding of this study.
Cite this article as: Orlando MS, Luna Russo MA, Richards EG, et al. Racial and ethnic disparities in surgical care for endometriosis across the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;226:824.e1-11.