Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- (US DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Division of Vital Statistics, Natality public-use data 2016–2019, on CDC WONDER Online Database.(Available at:)http://wonder.cdc.gov/natality-expanded-current.htmlDate accessed: December 3, 2020
- Maternal prepregnancy overweight and obesity and the pattern of labor progression in term nulliparous women.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 943-951
- Intervention rates after elective induction of labor compared to labor with a spontaneous onset. A matched cohort study.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2003; 56: 133-138
- Induction of labor and the relationship to cesarean delivery: a review of 7001 consecutive inductions.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 628-633
- Labor induction versus expectant management in low-risk nulliparous women.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 513-523
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes after prolonged latent phase.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81: 486-491
- Maternal and fetal risks associated with prolonged latent phase of labour.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002; 22: 16-19
- The association between the length of first stage of labor, mode of delivery, and perinatal outcomes in women undergoing induction of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 477.e1-477.e7
- Criteria for failed labor induction: prospective evaluation of a standardized protocol.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 96: 671-677
- When has an induction failed?.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 705-709
- Failed labor induction: toward an objective diagnosis.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 267-272
- Duration of oxytocin and rupture of the membranes before diagnosing a failed induction of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 373-380
- Defining failed induction of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 122.e1-122.e8
- Early amniotomy after cervical ripening for induction of labor: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 320-329
- Preventing the first cesarean delivery: summary of a joint Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Workshop.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1181-1193
- Safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 179-193
- Contemporary patterns of spontaneous labor with normal neonatal outcomes.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1281-1287
- “New or not-so-new” labor management practices and caesarean delivery for arrest of progress.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 71.e1-71.e6
- Effects of maternal obesity on duration and outcomes of prostaglandin cervical ripening and labor induction.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1315-1321
- The maternal body mass index: a strong association with delivery route.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 264.e1-264.e7
- Influence of maternal obesity on labor induction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2019; 64: 55-67
- Predictors of failed trial of labor among women with an extremely obese body mass index.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209: 562.e1-562.e5
- The risk of prelabor and intrapartum cesarean delivery among overweight and obese women: possible preventive actions.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 241.e1-241.e9
- The impact of obesity on obstetrical practice and outcome.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 47: 898-913
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report no conflict of interest.
There was no financial support received.