Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Placenta accreta spectrum.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1529-1536
- Management of placenta accreta.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92: 1125-1134
- Incidence and risk factors for placenta accreta/increta/percreta in the UK: a national case-control study.PloS One. 2012; 7: e52893
- The Nordic Obstetric Surveillance Study: a study of complete uterine rupture, abnormally invasive placenta, peripartum hysterectomy, and severe blood loss at delivery.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2015; 94: 734-744
- Clinical profiles of placenta accreta spectrum: the PACCRETA population-based study.BJOG. 2021; 128: 1646-1655
- Placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 430-439
- Committee Opinion No. 529: placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 207-211
- Placenta praevia, placenta praevia accreta and vasa praevia: diagnosis and management (Green-top Guideline No. 27).Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Greentop, London, United Kingdomm2011
- Conservative versus extirpative management in cases of placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 531-536
- Management of placenta accreta: morbidity and outcome.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2007; 133: 34-39
- Maternal outcome after conservative treatment of placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 526-534
- Fertility and pregnancy outcomes following conservative treatment for placenta accreta.Hum Reprod. 2010; 25: 2803-2810
- Conservative management of placenta accreta spectrum.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 61: 783-794
- Placenta percreta is associated with more frequent severe maternal morbidity than placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 193.e1-193.e9
- FIGO Placenta Accreta Diagnosis and Management Expert Consensus Panel. FIGO consensus guidelines on placenta accreta spectrum disorders: conservative management.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2018; 140: 291-298
- Anterior placenta percreta: surgical approach, hemostasis and uterine repair.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004; 83: 738-744
- The Triple-P procedure as a conservative surgical alternative to peripartum hysterectomy for placenta percreta.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012; 117: 191-194
- Placenta accreta. Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.(Available at:)https://ranzcog.edu.au/RANZCOG_SITE/media/RANZCOG-MEDIA/Women%27s%20Health/Statement%20and%20guidelines/Clinical-Obstetrics/Placenta-Accreta-(C-Obs-20)-Review-March-2014,-Amended-November-2015_1.pdf?ext=.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: April 9, 2020
- Postpartum hemorrhage: guidelines for clinical practice from the French College of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians (CNGOF): in collaboration with the French Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care (SFAR).Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016; 198: 12-21
- Placenta praevia and placenta accreta: diagnosis and management: Green-top Guideline No. 27a.BJOG. 2019; 126: e1-e48
- Evidence-based guidelines for the management of abnormally invasive placenta: recommendations from the International Society for Abnormally Invasive Placenta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220: 511-526
- Planned caesarean hysterectomy versus “conserving” caesarean section in patients with placenta accreta.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2011; 33: 1005-1010
- Leaving the placenta in situ versus conservative and radical surgery in the treatment of placenta accreta spectrum disorders.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2018; 140: 338-344
- Uterine conservation in placenta accrete spectrum (PAS) disorders: a retrospective case series: is expectant management beneficial in reducing maternal morbidity?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2020; 254: 212-217
- PACCRETA: clinical situations at high risk of placenta accreta/percreta: impact of diagnostic methods and management on maternal morbidity.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92: 476-482
The National Institute of Health and Medical Research and by the Executive Board of Research, Studies, Evaluation and Statistics. Enquête nationale périnatale 2016 (National perinatal survey 2016). The French Ministry of Health. 2017. Available at: http://www.epopé-inserm.fr/wp-content/. Accessed December 28, 2021.
- Core outcome sets for prevention and treatment of postpartum haemorrhage: an international Delphi consensus study.BJOG. 2019; 126: 83-93
- Use of a visual aid in addition to a collector bag to evaluate postpartum blood loss: a prospective simulation study.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 46333
- Evaluation by obstetric care providers of simulated postpartum blood loss using a collector bag: a French prospective study.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016; 26: 1-7
- American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine Consensus Conference: definitions for sepsis and organ failure and guidelines for the use of innovative therapies in sepsis.Crit Care Med. 1992; 20: 864-874
- The central role of the propensity score in observational studies for causal effects.Biometrika. 1983; 70: 41-55
- Model-based direct adjustment.J Am Stat Assoc. 1987; 82: 387-394
- Center of excellence for placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 561-568
- Optimal management strategies for placenta accreta.BJOG. 2009; 116: 648-654
- The management and outcomes of placenta accreta, increta, and percreta in the UK: a population-based descriptive study.BJOG. 2014; 121: 62-71
- Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing.J R Stat Soc Series B Stat Methodol. 1995; 57: 289-300
- Effect of predelivery diagnosis in 99 consecutive cases of placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 65-69
- Maternal morbidity in patients with morbidly adherent placenta treated with and without a standardized multidisciplinary approach.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 218.e1-218.e9
C.D.T. and G.K. contributed equally to this work.
L.S. was carrying out consultancy work and was performing lectures for Ferring Laboratories in the previous 3 years. The other authors report no conflict of interest.
The PACCRETA study was funded by the French Health Ministry under its Hospital Clinical Research Program and by the Angers University Hospital.
Cite this article as: Sentilhes L, Seco A, Azria E, et al. Conservative management or cesarean hysterectomy for placenta accreta spectrum: the PACCRETA prospective study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;226:839.e1-24.