Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2018.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68: 1-47
- Mechanical and pharmacologic methods of labor induction: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 1357-1364
- Buccal vs vaginal misoprostol combined with Foley catheter for cervical ripening at term (the BEGIN trial): a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 224: 524.e1-524.e8
- Labor induction versus expectant management in low-risk nulliparous women.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 513-523
- High-dose compared with standard-dose oxytocin regimens to augment labor in nulliparous women: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: 991-998
- A comparison of misoprostol and prostaglandin E2 gel for preinduction cervical ripening and labor induction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 172: 1804-1810
- Cesarean delivery after elective induction in nulliparous women: the physician effect.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 1511-1515
- Early amniotomy and early oxytocin for prevention of, or therapy for, delay in first stage spontaneous labour compared with routine care.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 8: CD006794
- Effect of early amniotomy on the risk of dystocia in nulliparous women. The Canadian Early Amniotomy Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 1145-1149
- Association of early amniotomy after Foley balloon catheter ripening and duration of nulliparous labor induction.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 592-597
- Pregnancy outcomes after early amniotomy among Class III obese gravidas undergoing induction of labor.Am J Perinatol. 2019; 36: 449-454
- Association between early amniotomy in labour induction and severe maternal and neonatal morbidity.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020; 60: 108-114
- Early amniotomy after dinoprostone insert used for the induction of labor: a randomized clinical trial.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018; 31: 352-356
- Effect of early amniotomy on dystocia risk and cesarean delivery in nulliparous women: a randomized clinical trial.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2015; 292: 321-325
- Early amniotomy after cervical ripening for induction of labor: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 320-329
- Committee Opinion No 700: methods for estimating the due date.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: e150-e154
- Combination of Foley bulb and vaginal misoprostol compared with vaginal misoprostol alone for cervical ripening and labor induction: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 247-252
- High-dose versus low-dose of oxytocin for labour augmentation: a randomised controlled trial.Women Birth. 2019; 32: 356-363
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)--a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- A randomised comparison of early versus late amniotomy following cervical ripening with a Foley catheter.BJOG. 2002; 109: 168-172
- The efficacy of early amniotomy in nulliparous labor induction: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 403.e1-403.e5
- Time between membrane rupture and delivery and septicemia in term neonates.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 612-618
- International Multicentre Term prelabor Rupture of Membranes Study: evaluation of predictors of clinical chorioamnionitis and postpartum fever in patients with prelabor rupture of membranes at term.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 177: 1024-1029
- Randomized trial of amniotomy in labour versus the intention to leave membranes intact until the second stage.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1992; 99: 5-9
- A controlled trial of a program for the active management of labor.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 450-454
- A randomised controlled trial of early versus delayed use of amniotomy and oxytocin infusion in nulliparous labour.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1996; 103: 313-318
- Number of cervical examinations and risk of intrapartum maternal fever.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 1096-1101
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The authors report no funding source for this study.
Clinical Trial Registration:1) Date of registration: August 4, 2020 2) Date of initial participant enrollment: November 11, 2020 3) Clinical trial identification number: NCT04496908 4) URL of the registration site: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04496908
Data sharing information 1. Will individual participant data be available (including data dictionaries)? Yes 2. What data in particular will be shared? Individual participant data that underlie the results reported in this article, after deidentification (text, tables, figures, and appendices). 3. What other documents will be available (eg, study protocol, statistical analysis plan, etc.)? Study Protocol, Statistical Analysis Plan, Informed Consent Form 4. When will data be available (start and end dates)? Beginning 3 months and ending 5 years following article publication. 5. How will data be shared (including with whom, for what types of analyses, and by what mechanism)? Researchers who provide a methodologically sound proposal will be given access to the data to achieve aims in the proposal. Proposals should be directed to [email protected] . To gain access, data requestors will need to sign a data access agreement. Data are available for 5 years at a third party website (link to be included).
Cite this article as: Gomez Slagle HB, Fonge YN, Caplan R, et al. Early vs expectant artificial rupture of membranes following Foley catheter ripening: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;226:724.e1-9.