Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Chromosomal microarray vs. NIPS: analysis of 5541 low-risk pregnancies.Genet Med. 2019; 21: 2462-2467
- Screening for fetal chromosomal abnormalities: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 226.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: e48-e69
- Facilitating informed choice about non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT): a systematic review and qualitative meta-synthesis of women’s experiences.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2019; 19: 27
- Association of combined first-trimester screen and noninvasive prenatal testing on diagnostic procedures.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 1303-1310
- Expanded noninvasive prenatal testing for fetal aneuploidy and copy number variations and parental willingness for invasive diagnosis in a cohort of 18,516 cases.BMC Med Genomics. 2021; 14: 106
- Secondary non-invasive prenatal screening for fetal trisomy: an effectiveness study in a public health setting.BJOG. 2021; 128: 440-446
- Noninvasive prenatal testing for chromosome aneuploidies and subchromosomal microdeletions/microduplications in a cohort of 42,910 single pregnancies with different clinical features.Hum Genomics. 2019; 13: 60
- Utility of noninvasive genome-wide screening: a prospective cohort of obstetric patients undergoing diagnostic testing.Genet Med. 2021; 23: 1341-1348
- When genotype is not predictive of phenotype: implications for genetic counseling based on 21,594 chromosomal microarray analysis examinations.Genet Med. 2018; 20: 128-131
- Technical standards for the interpretation and reporting of constitutional copy-number variants: a joint consensus recommendation of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) and the Clinical Genome Resource (ClinGen).Genet Med. 2020; 22: 245-257
- Estimates of penetrance for recurrent pathogenic copy-number variations.Genet Med. 2013; 15: 478-481
- Mechanisms of change in gene copy number.Nat Rev Genet. 2009; 10: 551-564
- Clinical validation of a noninvasive prenatal test for genomewide detection of fetal copy number variants.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 227.e1-227.e16
- The application of expanded noninvasive prenatal screening for genome-wide chromosomal abnormalities and genetic counseling.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; 34: 2710-2716
- Procedure-related risk of miscarriage following amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 16-26
- Effect of cell-free DNA screening vs direct invasive diagnosis on miscarriage rates in women with pregnancies at high risk of trisomy 21: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2018; 320: 557-565
- Women’s experience with non-invasive prenatal testing and emotional well-being and satisfaction after test-results.J Genet Couns. 2017; 26: 1348-1356
- Screening for fetal chromosomal abnormalities: ACOG practice bulletin summary, Number 226.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 859-867
- The implications of non-invasive prenatal testing failures: a review of an under-discussed phenomenon.Prenat Diagn. 2016; 36: 391-396
- Prenatal exome sequencing: background, current practice and future perspectives-a systematic review.Diagnostics (Basel). 2021; 11: 224
- Clinical experience with a single-nucleotide polymorphism-based non-invasive prenatal test for five clinically significant microdeletions.Clin Genet. 2018; 93: 293-300
- Predicting fetoplacental chromosomal mosaicism during non-invasive prenatal testing.Prenat Diagn. 2018; 38: 258-266
- Cytogenetics and molecular investigations detect a mosaic variant of turner syndrome only suspected by non-invasive prenatal testing: two case reports with negative ultrasound examinations.J Med Life. 2020; 13: 624-628
- Application of non-invasive prenatal testing in late gestation in a pregnancy associated with intrauterine growth restriction and trisomy 22 confined placental mosaicism.Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 56: 691-693
- Maternal copy-number variations in the DMD gene as secondary findings in noninvasive prenatal screening.Genet Med. 2019; 21: 2774-2780
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No financial support was received for this work.
Cite this article as: Maya I, Sheelo LS, Brabbing-Goldstein D, et al. Residual risk for clinically significant copy number variants in low-risk pregnancies, following exclusion of noninvasive prenatal screening–detectable findings. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;226:562.e1-8.