- The Manchester-Fothergill procedure versus vaginal hysterectomy with uterosacral ligament suspension: a matched historical cohort study.Int Urogynecol J. 2018; 29: 431-440
- Surgical treatment of primary uterine prolapse: a comparison of vaginal native tissue surgical techniques.Int Urogynecol J. 2019; 30: 1887-1893
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery following hysterectomy with benign indication: a national cohort study in Taiwan.Int Urogynecol J. 2018; 29: 1669-1674
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery following hysterectomy on benign indications.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 572.e1-572.e6
- Incidence and lifetime risk of pelvic organ prolapse surgery in Denmark from 1977 to 2009.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 49-55
- Reoperation for pelvic organ prolapse: a Danish cohort study with 15-20 years’ follow-up.Int Urogynecol J. 2018; 29: 119-124
- Economics of pelvic organ prolapse surgery.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 1873-1876
- Pelvic organ prolapse.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1027-1038
- Epidemiology of genital prolapse: observations from the oxford family planning association study.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1997; 104: 579-585
- Epidemiology. When an entire country is a cohort.Science. 2000; 287: 2398-2399
- The Danish health care system and epidemiological research: from health care contacts to database records.Clin Epidemiol. 2019; 11: 563-591
- The Danish Civil Registration System as a tool in epidemiology.Eur J Epidemiol. 2014; 29: 541-549
- The Danish National patient registry: a review of content, data quality, and research potential.Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 7: 449-490
- Danish registers on aspects of reproduction.Scand J Public Health. 2011; 39: 79-82
- Documentation of statistics for highest education attained 2019.(Available at:)https://www.dst.dk/Site/Dst/SingleFiles/GetArchiveFile.aspx?fi=3330584932&fo=0&ext=kvaldel(Accessed March 2, 2021)Date: 2019
- Documentation of statistics for income statistics 2019.(Available at:)https://www.dst.dk/Site/Dst/SingleFiles/GetArchiveFile.aspx?fi=4505385687&fo=0&ext=kvaldel(Accessed March 2, 2021)Date: 2019
- Selection of controls in case-control studies. III. Design options.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 135: 1042-1050
- Sampling strategies for selecting general population comparison cohorts.Clin Epidemiol. 2018; 10: 1325-1337
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.PLoS Med. 2007; 4: e296
- Observational data for comparative effectiveness research: an emulation of randomised trials of statins and primary prevention of coronary heart disease.Stat Methods Med Res. 2013; 22: 70-96
- Validity of diagnoses of and operations for nonmalignant gynecological conditions in the Danish National Hospital Registry.J Clin Epidemiol. 2002; 55: 137-142
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery after native tissue vault suspension at hysterectomy-a prospective cohort study.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019; 240: 144-150
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The study was funded by the research council at Herlev and Gentofte Hospital and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Herlev and Gentofte Hospital .
This study has not yet been presented.
Cite this article as: Husby KR, Gradel KO, Klarskov N. Pelvic organ prolapse following hysterectomy on benign indication: a nationwide, nulliparous cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;XX:x.ex–x.ex.