Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Cesarean versus vaginal delivery: whose risks? Whose benefits?.Am J Perinatol. 2012; 29: 7-18
- Trends in cesarean delivery at preterm gestation and association with perinatal mortality.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 505.e1-505.e8
- Prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean deliveries using machine learning.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 613.e1-613.e12
- Guidelines for labor assessment: failure to progress?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 342.e1-342.e4
- Interventions to decrease complications after shoulder dystocia: a systematic review and Bayesian meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Evolution of the human pelvis and obstructed labor: new explanations of an old obstetrical dilemma.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 3-16
- Variation in primary cesarean delivery rates by individual physician within a single-hospital laborist model.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 531.e1-531.e6
- Variation in hospital intrapartum practices and association with cesarean rate.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2017; 46: 5-17
- The 10-Group Classification System-a new way of thinking.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 1-4
- Indications contributing to the increasing cesarean delivery rate.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 29-38
- Cesarean delivery in the United States 2005 through 2014: a population-based analysis using the Robson 10-Group Classification System.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 105.e1-105.e11
- Reduce cesarean births among low-risk women with no prior births. Healthy People 2020.(Available at:)https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/data-search/Search-the-Data?nid=4900Date: 2021Date accessed: August 30, 2021
- Indications contributing to the decreasing cesarean delivery rate at an academic tertiary center.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2019; 1: 165-172
- Quality assurance practices in obstetric care: a survey of hospitals in California.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 214-223
- Establishing and maintaining a quality and safety program on labor and delivery.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 62: 572-579
- Factors associated with cesarean section among primiparous women in Georgia: a registry-based study.J Epidemiol Glob Health. 2020; 10: 337-343
- Evaluating risk-adjusted cesarean delivery rate as a measure of obstetric quality.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 1007-1013
- Optimal maternal and neonatal outcomes and associated hospital characteristics.Birth. 2019; 46: 289-299
- Risk of severe adverse maternal and neonatal outcomes in deliveries with repeated and primary cesarean deliveries versus vaginal deliveries: a cross-sectional study.J Pregnancy. 2020; 2020: 9207431
- Health care disparity and pregnancy-related mortality in the United States, 2005-2014.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 707-712
- FIGO position paper: how to stop the caesarean section epidemic.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1286-1287
- Antenatal and intrapartum interventions for reducing caesarean section, promoting vaginal birth, and reducing fear of childbirth: an overview of systematic reviews.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0224313
- Association between hospital-level obstetric quality indicators and maternal and neonatal morbidity.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1531-1541
- Effect of implementation of the MORE OB program on adverse maternal and neonatal birth outcomes in Ontario, Canada: a retrospective cohort study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2019; 19: 151
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Ramani S, Halpern TA, Akerman M, et al. A new index for obstetrics safety and quality of care: integrating cesarean delivery rates with maternal and neonatal outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2022;226:556.e1-9.