Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- A Randomized Trial of prenatal versus Postnatal Repair of Myelomeningocele.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 993-1004
- Fetal myelomeningocele repair: the post-MOMS experience at the children’s hospital of Philadelphia.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2015; 37: 235-240
- Subsequent pregnancy outcomes after open maternal-fetal surgery for myelomeningocele.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220: 494.e1-494.e7
- The Management of Myelomeningocele Study: obstetrical outcomes and risk factors for obstetrical complications following prenatal surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 778.e1-778.e9
- Clinical and histologic evaluation of the hysterotomy site and fetal membranes after open fetal surgery for fetal spina bifida repair.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2019; 45: 248-255
- Gasless fetoscopy: a new approach to endoscopic closure of a lumbar skin defect in fetal sheep.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2008; 23: 293-298
- Percutaneous fetoscopic patch coverage of experimental lumbosacral full-thickness skin lesions in sheep.Surg Endosc. 2003; 17: 1218-1223
- Biosynthetic cellulose induces the formation of a neoduramater following pre-natal correction of meningomyelocele in fetal sheep.Acta Cir Bras. 2007; 22: 174-181
- Successful fetal surgery for the repair of a ‘myelomeningocele-like’ defect created in the fetal rabbit.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2003; 18: 201-206
- Validation of the ovine fetus as an experimental model for the human myelomeningocele defect.Acta Cir Bras. 2007; 22: 168-173
- Comparison between two surgical techniques for prenatal correction of meningomyelocele in sheep.Einstein (Sao Paulo). 2012; 10: 455-461
- Neoskin development in the fetus with the use of a three-layer graft: an animal model for in utero closure of large skin defects.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2011; 24: 1243-1248
- Fetoscopic coverage of experimental myelomeningocele in sheep using a patch with surgical sealant.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011; 156: 171-176
- Single-Access Fetal Endoscopy (SAFE) for myelomeningocele in sheep model I: amniotic carbon dioxide gas approach.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 3835-3840
- Endoscopic surgery for the antenatal treatment of myelomeningocele: the CECAM trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 111.e1-111.e11
- Fetoscopic open neural tube defect repair: development and refinement of a two-Port, carbon dioxide insufflation technique.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: 734-743
- Fetoscopic two-layer closure of open neural tube defects.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 52: 452-457
- Percutaneous fetoscopic patch closure of human spina bifida aperta: advances in fetal surgical techniques may obviate the need for early postnatal neurosurgical intervention.Surg Endosc. 2009; 23: 890-895
- Percutaneous fetoscopic closure of large open spina bifida using a bilaminar skin substitute.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 52: 458-466
- Comparison of two fetoscopic open neural tube defect repair techniques: single- vs three-layer closure.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 56: 532-540
- Proceedings of the First Annual Meeting of the International Fetoscopic Myelomeningocele Repair Consortium.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 53: 855-863
- Ultrasound functional evaluation of fetuses with myelomeningocele: study of the interpretation of results.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2017; 30: 2301-2305
- Prenatal ultrasound evaluation of segmental level of neurological lesion in fetuses with myelomeningocele: development of a new technique.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 47: 162-167
- Timing of indicated late-preterm and early-term birth.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 323-333
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study was supported by grants from the Fetal Medicine Foundation (charity number 1037116). This body had no involvement in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; and in the decision to submit the article for publication.
Cite this article as: Sanz Cortes M, Chmait RH, Lapa DA, et al. Experience of 300 cases of prenatal fetoscopic open spina bifida repair: report of the International Fetoscopic Neural Tube Defect Repair Consortium. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;225:678.e1-11.