Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2018.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68: 1-47
- The change in the rate of vaginal birth after caesarean section.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2011; 25: 37-43
- ACOG Practice Bulletin no. 205: vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e110-e127
- Counseling women with a previous cesarean birth: toward a shared decision-making partnership.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2014; 59: 237-245
- Rates and prediction of successful vaginal birth after cesarean.Semin Perinatol. 2010; 34: 244-248
- Simple, validated vaginal birth after cesarean delivery prediction model for use at the time of admission.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 571-578
- Validation of prediction model for successful vaginal birth after cesarean delivery based on sonographic assessment of hysterotomy scar.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 51: 189-193
- Prediction model for vaginal birth after induction of labor in women with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 402-410
- Development of a nomogram for prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 806-812
- Validation of the prediction model for success of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1029-1033
- Validation of the prediction model for success of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery in Japanese women.Int J Med Sci. 2012; 9: 488-491
- Validation of a prediction model for vaginal birth after caesarean.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 119-124
- Estimating success of vaginal birth after caesarean section in a regional Australian population: validation of a prediction model.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2019; 59: 66-70
- French validation and adaptation of the Grobman nomogram for prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2018; 47: 127-131
- Validation of a vaginal birth after cesarean delivery prediction model in teaching hospitals of Addis Ababa University: a cross-sectional study.BioMed Res Int. 2020; 2020: 1540460
- Vaginal birth after caesarean section prediction models: a UK comparative observational study.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015; 193: 136-139
- Hidden in plain sight - reconsidering the use of race correction in clinical algorithms.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 874-882
- Challenging the use of race in the vaginal birth after cesarean section calculator.Womens Health Issues. 2019; 29: 201-204
- Recalibrating the use of race in medical research.JAMA. 2021; 325: 623-624
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2581-2589
- Topic Group ‘Evaluating diagnostic tests and prediction models’ of the STRATOS initiative. Calibration: the Achilles heel of predictive analytics.BMC Med. 2019; 17: 230
- The association of patient preferences and attitudes with trial of labor after cesarean.J Perinatol. 2019; 39: 1340-1348
- Comparison of a trial of labor with an elective second cesarean section.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 689-695
- Can a prediction model for vaginal birth after cesarean also predict the probability of morbidity related to a trial of labor?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200: 56.e1-56.e6
- A prediction model of vaginal birth after cesarean in the preterm period.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 513.e1-513.e7
- Obstetric outcomes in women with two prior cesarean deliveries: is vaginal birth after cesarean delivery a viable option?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1223-1228
- Vaginal birth after cesarean: does accuracy of predicted success change from prenatal intake to admission?.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2020; 2: 100094
- Quality and equality in obstetric care: racial and ethnic differences in caesarean section delivery rates.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2009; 23: 454-462
- Racial and ethnic differences in utilization of labor management strategies intended to reduce cesarean delivery rates.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 1285-1294
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study was supported by grants from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (grant numbers HD21410, HD21414, HD27860, HD27861, HD27869, HD27905, HD27915, HD27917, HD34116, HD34122, HD34136, HD34208, HD34210, HD40500, HD40485, HD40544, HD40545, HD40560, HD40512, and U01 HD36801), and its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of the National Institutes of Health .
Cite this article as: Grobman WA, Sandoval G, Rice MM, et al. Prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery in term gestations: a calculator without race and ethnicity. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;225:664.e1-7.