Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- US Cancer Statistics Data Visualizations Tool, based on 2019 submission data (1999-2017): US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.(Available at:)www.cdc.gov/cancer/datavizDate: 2020Date accessed: January 10, 2021
- Cancer stat facts: ovary cancer.(Available at:)http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/ovary.htmlDate accessed: January 10, 2021
- Rethinking ovarian cancer II: reducing mortality from high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Nat Rev Cancer. 2015; 15: 668-679
- Screening for ovarian cancer: updated evidence report and systematic review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.JAMA. 2018; 319: 595-606
- Screening for ovarian cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2018; 319: 588-594
- Management of asymptomatic ovarian and other adnexal cysts imaged at US: Society of Radiologists in ultrasound Consensus Conference Statement.Radiology. 2010; 256: 943-954
- GI-RADS reporting system for ultrasound evaluation of adnexal masses in clinical practice: a prospective multicenter study.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 38: 450-455
- Simple ultrasound-based rules for the diagnosis of ovarian cancer.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 31: 681-690
- Prospective validation of a standardized ultrasonography-based ovarian cancer risk assessment system.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 1101-1111
- O-RADS US risk stratification and management system: a consensus guideline from the ACR ovarian-adnexal reporting and data system committee.Radiology. 2020; 294: 168-185
- Risk of epithelial ovarian cancer in asymptomatic women with ultrasound-detected ovarian masses: a prospective cohort study within the UK collaborative trial of ovarian cancer screening (UKCTOCS).Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 40: 338-344
- Effect of screening on ovarian cancer mortality: the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2011; 305: 2295-2303
- Ovarian tumorigenesis: a proposed model based on morphological and molecular genetic analysis.Am J Pathol. 2004; 164: 1511-1518
- The preclinical natural history of serous ovarian cancer: defining the target for early detection.PLoS Med. 2009; 6e1000114
- Assessing the risk of ovarian malignancy in asymptomatic women with abnormal CA 125 and transvaginal ultrasound scans in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian screening trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 25-31
- Outcomes from ultrasound follow-up of small complex adnexal masses in women over 50.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 623.e1-623.e7
- Frequency and disposition of ovarian abnormalities followed with serial transvaginal ultrasonography.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 210-217
- Detection of early stage ovarian cancer in a large community cohort.Cancer Med. 2019; 8: 7133-7140
- Invasive epithelial ovarian cancer survival by histotype and disease stage.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019; 111: 60-68
This study was funded by the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Community Benefit Research Program and the Permanente Medical Group Physician Researcher Program.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Suh-Burgmann E, Brasic N, Jha P, et al. Ultrasound characteristics of early-stage high-grade serous ovarian cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;225:409.e1-8.