Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Practice Bulletin No. 171: management of preterm labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: e155-e164
- Antenatal corticosteroids for accelerating fetal lung maturation for women at risk of preterm birth.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; CD004454
- Use of metabolomics for predicting spontaneous preterm birth in asymptomatic pregnant women: protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e026033
- Antenatal corticosteroids: an assessment of anticipated benefits and potential risks.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 62-74
- Antenatal steroid exposure and pulmonary outcomes in adolescents born with very low birth weight.J Perinatol. 2013; 33: 806-810
- Antenatal corticosteriods decrease forced vital capacity in infants born fullterm.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020; 55: 2630-2634
- A revised birth weight reference for the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 16-22
- Fetal fibronectin as a predictor of preterm birth in patients with symptoms: a multicenter trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 177: 13-18
- Long-term outcomes after repeat doses of antenatal corticosteroids.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 1190-1198
- Single versus weekly courses of antenatal corticosteroids: evaluation of safety and efficacy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 633-642
- Neonatal outcomes in term pregnancies treated with antenatal corticosteroids for suspected pre-term labor.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2019; 299: 403-409
- Effect of prolonged hospitalization on fetal growth in threatened preterm labor.J Med Invest. 2019; 66: 153-156
- Racial and ethnic differences in preterm birth: a complex, multifactorial problem.Semin Perinatol. 2017; 41: 511-518
- The increasing racial disparity in infant mortality: respiratory distress syndrome and other causes.Demography. 2004; 41: 773-800
- Managing perinatal data with the Regenstrief medical record system.J Ambul Care Manage. 1992; 15: 40-53
- The Regenstrief Medical Record System: a quarter century experience.Int J Med Inform. 1999; 54: 225-253
- Developmental trajectories in children with prolonged NICU stays.Arch Dis Child. 2017; 102: 29-34
- Admissions of all gestations to a regional neonatal unit versus controls: 2-year outcome.J Paediatr Child Health. 2009; 45: 187-193
This study was funded, in part, with support from the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute , funded in part by UL1TR002529 from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development R01HD088014 (D.M.H.). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH. Support was also provided by the Indiana University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to PREGMED: The Indiana University Center for Pharmacogenetics and Therapeutics Research in Maternal and Child Health.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: McKinzie A, Yang Z, Teal E, et al. Are newborn outcomes different for term babies who were exposed to antenatal corticosteroids? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;225:536.e1-7.