- Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2018.(Available at:)Accessed September 1, 2020)
- HIV and women.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/gender/women/index.html#:∼:text=1%20in%209%20women%20with%20HIV%20are%20unaware%20they%20have%20it.&text=Because%20some%20women%20may%20be,or%20medicine%20to%20prevent%20HIV(Accessed December 1, 2020)Date: 2020
- Protecting the next generation—eliminating perinatal HIV-1 infection.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2316-2318
- Elective caesarean-section versus vaginal delivery in prevention of vertical HIV-1 transmission: a randomised clinical trial.Lancet. 1999; 353: 1035-1039
- Reduction of maternal-infant transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 with zidovudine treatment. Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 076 Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1173-1180
- Acquiring human immunodeficiency virus during pregnancy and mother-to-child transmission in New York: 2002-2006.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 1247-1255
- Understanding the timing of HIV transmission from mother to infant.JAMA. 2001; 285: 709-712
- Abbreviated regimens of zidovudine prophylaxis and perinatal transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1409-1414
- Missed opportunities for prevention of mother-to-child transmission in the United States.AIDS. 2015; 29: 1511-1515
- ACOG Committee Opinion no. 752 summary: prenatal and perinatal human immunodeficiency virus testing.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 805-806
- Consolidated guidelines on HIV testing services.(Available at:)Accessed December 1, 2020)
- Perinatal HIV testing.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/states/perinatal.htmlDate: 2020Date accessed: November 2, 2020
- Perinatal HIV Prevention Act. Illinois Perinatal HIV Prevention Act. P.A. 100-0265, 2017
- Selected national HIV prevention and care outcomes.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/library/slidesets/cdc-hiv-prevention-and-care-outcomes-2016.pdf(Accessed December 1, 2020)Date: 2016
Singh A Lampe MA, Surendera Babu A, Rao S, Borkowf CB, et al. HIV seroconversion during pregnancy and mother-to-child HIV transmission: data from the Enhanced Perinatal Surveillance Project, United States, 2005–2010. Paper presented at: 19th International AIDS Conference; July 2012; Washington, DC.
- Acute Maternal HIV Infection during Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding: Substantial Risk to Infants.The J Infect Dis. 2009; 200: 667-669
- Dynamics of HIV viremia and antibody seroconversion in plasma donors: implications for diagnosis and staging of primary HIV infection.AIDS. 2003; 17: 1871-1879
- Prospective study of acute HIV-1 infection in adults in East Africa and Thailand.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 2120-2130
- Plasma and cervical viral loads among Ugandan and Zimbabwean women during acute and early HIV-1 infection.AIDS. 2010; 24: 573-582
- Maternal levels of plasma human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA and the risk of perinatal transmission. Women and infants Transmission Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 394-402
Singh S. LM, Surendera B, S. R, Borkowf CB, Nesheim SR. HIV seroconversion during pregnancy and mother-to-child HIV transmission: data from the enhanced perinatal surveillance projects, United States, 2005–2010. Paper presented at: 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI); March 2013; Atlanta, GA.
- National audit of perinatal HIV infections in the UK, 2006-2013: what lessons can be learnt?.HIV Med. 2018; 19: 280-289
Illinois Perinatal HIV Prevention Act. P.A. (2003). 93-566, amended by PA 94-0910 (2006), amended by P.L. 95-702 (2007).
- Perinatal HIV testing and diagnosis in Illinois after implementation of the Perinatal Rapid Testing Initiative.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 401.e1-401.e6
- The Illinois perinatal HIV prevention law and 2006 Amendment.(Available at:)Accessed September 1, 2020)
- Sustainability of statewide rapid HIV testing in labor and delivery.AIDS Behav. 2018; 22: 538-544
Ayala L, Miller EM, Deardorff Carter S, et al. Repeat third trimester HIV testing: an opportunity to prevent maternal to child transmission. Paper presented at: 2015 American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Expo; November 2015; Chicago, IL.
- Should HIV testing for all pregnant women continue? Cost-effectiveness of universal antenatal testing compared to focused approaches across high to very low HIV prevalence settings.J Int AIDS Soc. 2016; 19: 21212
- Human immunodeficiency virus retesting during pregnancy: costs and effectiveness in preventing perinatal transmission.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 782-790
- Universal rapid human immunodeficiency virus screening at delivery: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 2018: 6024698
- HIV screening during pregnancy in a U.S. HIV epicenter.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 2020: 8196342
The, Chapter 381. Public Health: General Provisions. The Florida Senate. In: 2011 Florida statutes. Title XXIX; 2016, vol. 2016.
- Missed opportunities for repeat HIV testing in pregnancy: implications for elimination of mother-to-child transmission in the United States.AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2017; 31: 20-26
- Achieving universal HIV screening in prenatal care in the United States: provider persistence pays off.AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2005; 19: 247-252
- What factors influence obstetrician-gynecologists to follow recommended HIV screening and testing guidelines?.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2012; 21: 762-768
- Risk-based hepatitis C screening in pregnancy is less reliable than universal screening: a retrospective chart review.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2018; 5: ofy043
- Factors associated with lack of awareness of HIV infection before diagnosis of AIDS.BMJ. 1993; 307: 20-23
- Expert Recommendations for Implementing Change (ERIC): protocol for a mixed methods study.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 39
- A refined compilation of implementation strategies: results from the Expert Recommendations for Implementing Change (ERIC) project.Implement Sci. 2015; 10: 21
- Implementing routine HIV screening in three Chicago hospitals: lessons learned.Public Health Rep. 2016; 131: 121-129
- A novel approach to realizing routine HIV screening and enhancing linkage to care in the United States: protocol of the FOCUS program and early results.JMIR Res Protoc. 2014; 3: e39
- Prenatal HIV testing and the impact of state HIV testing laws, 2004 to 2011.Sex Transm Dis. 2018; 45: 583-587
- Elimination of perinatal HIV infection in the USA and other high-income countries: achievements and challenges.Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2013; 8: 447-456
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The authors have no funding sources to report.