Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2018.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68: 1-47
- Mechanical and pharmacologic methods of labor induction: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 1357-1364
- A comparison of vaginal versus buccal misoprostol for cervical ripening in women for labor induction at term (the IMPROVE trial): a triple-masked randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 259.e1-259.e16
- Survey of provider preferences regarding the route of misoprostol for induction of labor at term.AJP Rep. 2017; 7: e158-e162
- ACOG Practice Bulletin no. 107: induction of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 386-397
- Committee Opinion no 700: methods for estimating the due date.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: e150-e154
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Combination of Foley bulb and vaginal misoprostol compared with vaginal misoprostol alone for cervical ripening and labor induction: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 247-252
- High-dose versus low-dose of oxytocin for labour augmentation: a randomised controlled trial.Women Birth. 2019; 32: 356-363
- The efficacy of early amniotomy in nulliparous labor induction: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 403.e1-403.e5
- Buccal versus intravaginal misoprostol administration for cervical ripening.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 229-233
- Uses of misoprostol in obstetrics and gynecology.Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 2: 159-168
- Buccal versus vaginal misoprostol for term induction of labor: a retrospective cohort study.Am J Perinatol. 2019; 36: 765-772
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No funding source was utilized for this report.
Cite this article as: Gomez HB, Hoffman MK, Caplan R, et al. Buccal vs vaginal misoprostol combined with Foley catheter for cervical ripening at term: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;224:524.e1-8.