Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Screening for fetal anomalies by ultrasound at 14 and 21 weeks.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 10: 375-380
- First trimester ultrasonographic diagnosis of fetal structural abnormalities in a low risk population.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1998; 105: 53-57
- The value of sonography in early pregnancy for the detection of fetal abnormalities in an unselected population.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1999; 106: 929-936
- Systematic review of first-trimester ultrasound screening for detection of fetal structural anomalies and factors that affect screening performance.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 50: 429-441
- Ultrasound screening: status of markers and efficacy of screening for structural abnormalities.Semin Perinatol. 2016; 40: 67-78
- Diagnosis of fetal non-chromosomal abnormalities on routine ultrasound examination at 11-13 weeks’ gestation.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 54: 468-476
- Challenges in the diagnosis of fetal non-chromosomal abnormalities at 11-13 weeks.Prenat Diagn. 2011; 31: 90-102
- Practice guidelines for performance of the routine mid-trimester fetal ultrasound scan.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 37: 116-126
- First trimester fetal anatomy study and identification of major anomalies using 10 standardized scans.J Prenat Med. 2015; 9: 24-28
- Fetal megacystis at 10-14 weeks of gestation.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 8: 387-390
- Megacystis at 10-14 weeks of gestation: chromosomal defects and outcome according to bladder length.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 21: 338-341
- First trimester ultrasound diagnosis of fetal abnormalities.1st ed. Wolters Kluwer Heath, Philadelphia, PA2017
- Omphalocele in the first trimester: prediction of perinatal outcome.Prenat Diagn. 2013; 33: 497-501
- Sonography of fetal midgut herniation: normal size criteria and correlation with crown-rump length.J Ultrasound Med. 1993; 12: 251-254
- First-trimester midgut herniation: a high-frequency transvaginal sonographic study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 831-833
- ISUOG practice guidelines: performance of first-trimester fetal ultrasound scan.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 41: 102-113
- UK multicentre project on assessment of risk of trisomy 21 by maternal age and fetal nuchal-translucency thickness at 10-14 weeks of gestation. Fetal Medicine Foundation First Trimester Screening Group.Lancet. 1998; 352: 343-346
- The 11-13 weeks scan. The Fetal Medicine Foundation.(Available at:)https://fetalmedicine.org/education/the-11-13-weeks-scanDate: 2004Date accessed: May 26, 2020
- Prognosis of isolated first-trimester fetal megacystis with spontaneous resolution.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2017; 42: 271-277
- Early fetal megacystis: is it possible to predict the prognosis in the first trimester?.J Perinat Med. 2018; 46: 1035-1039
- Early fetal anatomy screening: who, what, when and why?.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 27: 143-150
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This research was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program and the National Nature Science Foundation of China, and the Shenzhen Science and Technology project.
Cite this article as: Liao Y, Wen H, Ouyang S, et al. Routine first-trimester ultrasound screening using a standardized anatomic protocol. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;224:396.e1-15.