Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Long-term risks and benefits associated with cesarean delivery for mother, baby, and subsequent pregnancies: systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS Med. 2018; 15e1002494
- Uterine rupture: shifting paradigm in etiology.Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ). 2018; 16: 146-150
- The risks of lowering the cesarean delivery-delivery rate.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 54-57
- Uterine scar rupture - prediction, prevention, diagnosis, and management.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2019; 59: 115-131
- The MFMU Cesarean Registry: factors affecting the success of trial of labor after previous cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1016-1023
- Pregnancy after classic cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 946-950
- ACOG Practice Bulletin no. 205: vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e110-e127
- Short interpregnancy interval: risk of uterine rupture and complications of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 1075-1082
- Trial of labor or repeat cesarean delivery in women with morbid obesity and previous cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 125-133
- Outcomes of trial of labor following previous cesarean delivery among women with fetuses weighing >4000 g.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 903-905
- Prediction of successful trial of labor after cesarean delivery - the benefit of prior vaginal delivery.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016; 29: 2665-2670
- Labor outcomes with increasing number of prior vaginal births after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 285-291
- Uterine rupture risk after periviable cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 1095-1100
- Previous preterm cesarean delivery: identification of a new risk factor for uterine rupture in VBAC candidates.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005; 18: 339-342
- Previous preterm cesarean delivery and risk of subsequent uterine rupture.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 648-653
- Outcome of subsequent delivery after a previous early preterm cesarean section.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2007; 20: 33-37
- Effect of gestational age at the prior cesarean delivery on maternal morbidity in subsequent VBAC attempt.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200: 276.e1-276.e6
- The Swedish personal identity number: possibilities and pitfalls in healthcare and medical research.Eur J Epidemiol. 2009; 24: 659-667
- External review and validation of the Swedish national inpatient register.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 450
- Cutaneous wound healing.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 738-746
- The NICHD Consecutive Pregnancies Study: recurrent preterm delivery by subtype.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 131.e1-131.e8
- Maternal morbidity associated with multiple repeat cesarean deliveries.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 1226-1232
- Risk of uterine rupture and placenta accreta with prior uterine surgery outside of the lower segment.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1332-1337
A.M. was supported by Region Stockholm. O.S. was supported by the Swedish Research Council (#21309298) and the Strategic Research Program in Epidemiology at the Karolinska Institute.
Cite this article as: Mantel A, Ajne G, Wollmann CL, et al. Previous preterm cesarean delivery and risk of uterine rupture in subsequent trial of labor—a national cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021;224:380.e1-13.