Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Regional Office for Europe. Hospital emergency response checklist: an all-hazards tool for hospital administrators and emergency managers.(Available at:)http://www.euro.who.int/__ data/assets/pdf_file/0020/148214/e95978.pdfDate accessed: March 14, 2020
- Hospital disaster preparedness in Italy: a preliminary study utilizing the World Health Organization Hospital Emergency Response Evaluation Toolkit.Minerva Anestesiol. 2016; 82: 1259-1266
- Creation of surge capacity by early discharge of hospitalized patients at low risk for untoward events.Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2009; 3: S10-S16
- The dwindling supply of empty beds: implications for hospital surge capacity.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: 1688-1694
- Cancellation of scheduled procedures as a mechanism to generate hospital bed surge capacity-a pilot study.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2011; 26: 224-229
- Hospital emergency surge capacity: an empiric New York statewide study.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50: 314-319
- COVID-19: recommendations for management of elective surgical procedures.(Available at:)https://www.facs.org/about-acs/covid-19/information-for-surgeonsDate accessed: March 12, 2020
- Joint statement on elective surgeries.(Available at:)https://www.acog.org/news/news-releases/2020/03/joint-statement-on-elective-surgeriesDate accessed: March 27, 2020
- Hospitals & healthcare systems, PLEASE CONSIDER STOPPING ELECTIVE PROCEDURES until we can #FlattenTheCurve.(Available at:)https://twitter.com/surgeon_general/status/1238798972501852160?lang=enDate accessed: March 26, 2020
- The SARS, MERS and novel coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemics, the newest and biggest global health threats: what lessons have we learned?.Int J Epidemiol. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and pregnancy: what obstetricians need to know.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72 314 cases from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.JAMA. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Critical care utilization for the COVID-19 outbreak in. Lombardy, Italy: early experience and forecast during an emergency response.JAMA. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
The authors report no conflict of interest.