Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 75-84
- Cervical length and gestational age at admission as predictors of intra-amniotic inflammation in preterm labor with intact membranes.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 34: 441-447
- Amniotic fluid infection, inflammation, and colonization in preterm labor with intact membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 125.e1-125.e5
- Prevalence and clinical significance of sterile intra-amniotic inflammation in patients with preterm labor and intact membranes.Am J Reprod Immunol. 2014; 72: 458-474
- Cervical length screening for prevention of preterm birth in singleton pregnancy with threatened preterm labor: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials using individual patient-level data.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 49: 322-329
- Fetal fibronectin testing for prevention of preterm birth in singleton pregnancies with threatened preterm labor: a systematic review and metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 431-438
- Predictive accuracy of serial transvaginal cervical lengths and quantitative vaginal fetal fibronectin levels for spontaneous preterm birth among nulliparous women.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1047-1056
- Diagnosis of subclinical amniotic fluid infection prior to rescue cerclage using gram stain and glucose tests: an individual patient meta-analysis.J Obstet Gynaecol Canada. 2014; 36: 116-122
- A comparison of rapid amniotic fluid markers in the prediction of microbial invasion of the uterine cavity and preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1336-1341
- Correlation of amniotic fluid glucose concentration and intraamniotic infection in patients with preterm labor or premature rupture of membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1991; 165: 1105-1110
- Low amniotic fluid glucose levels are a specific but not a sensitive marker for subclinical intrauterine infections in patients in preterm labor with intact membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 171 (discussion 370-1): 365-370
- Amniotic fluid glucose concentration: a rapid and simple method for the detection of intraamniotic infection in preterm labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 163: 968-974
- A point of care test for interleukin-6 in amniotic fluid in preterm prelabor rupture of membranes: a step toward the early treatment of acute intra-amniotic inflammation/infection.J Matern Fetal Neonat Med. 2015; : 1-8
- A rapid interleukin-6 bedside test for the identification of intra-amniotic inflammation in preterm labor with intact membranes.J Matern Fetal Neonat Med. 2015; : 1-11
- Bedside assessment of amniotic fluid interleukin-6 in preterm prelabor rupture of membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 385.e1-385.e9
- ASPRE trial: performance of screening for preterm pre-eclampsia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 50: 492-495
- Development and validation of predictive models for QUiPP App v.2: tool for predicting preterm birth in women with symptoms of threatened preterm labor.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 55: 357-367
- Detection of microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity by analysis of cervicovaginal proteins in women with preterm labor and intact membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 482.e1-482.e12
- Noninvasive diagnosis of intraamniotic infection: proteomic biomarkers in vaginal fluid.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 32.e1-32.e8
- Prediction of microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labour: analysis of multiple proteins in amniotic and cervical fluids.BJOG. 2011; 118: 240-249
- Quantitative bacteriology of amniotic fluid from women with clinical intraamniotic infection at term.J Infect Dis. 1982; 145: 1-8
- Sonar measurement of fetal crown-rump length as means of assessing maturity in first trimester of pregnancy.Br Med J. 1973; 4: 28-31
- A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 1373-1379
- Transabdominal amniocentesis is a feasible and safe procedure in preterm prelabor rupture of membranes.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2017; 42: 257-261
- Fetal Medicine Foundation Second Trimester Screening Group. Cervical length and obstetric history predict spontaneous preterm birth: development and validation of a model to provide individualized risk assessment.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 31: 549-554
- Impact of microbial invasion of amniotic cavity and the type of microorganisms on short-term neonatal outcome in women with preterm labor and intact membranes.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017; 96: 570-579
- Prediction of spontaneous preterm delivery in women with preterm labor: analysis of multiple proteins in amniotic and cervical fluids.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 268-277
- Antenatal corticosteroids for accelerating fetal lung maturation for women at risk of preterm birth.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 3: CD004454
- Magnesium sulfate and fetal neuroprotection: overview of clinical evidence.Neural Regen Res. 2018; 13: 2044-2049
- Antibiotic administration can eradicate intra-amniotic infection or intra-amniotic inflammation in a subset of patients with preterm labor and intact membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 142.e1-142.e22
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics for spontaneous preterm labour: the ORACLE II randomised trial. ORACLE Collaborative Group.Lancet. 2001; 357: 989-994
- Childhood outcomes after prescription of antibiotics to pregnant women with spontaneous preterm labour: 7-year follow-up of the ORACLE II trial.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1319-1327
This project has been partially funded with support of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (PI15/00344, PI17/00675) integrado en el Plan Nacional de I+D+I y cofinanciado por el ISCIII-Subdirección General de Evaluación y el Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional “Una Manera de Hacer Europa” and the Cellex Foundation. T.C. has received funding from the Departament de Salut under grant SLT008/18/00126 . Additionally, E.G. and F.C. have received funding form the “La Caixa” Foundation under grant agreements LCF/PR/GN14/10270005 and LCF/PR/GN18/10310003, Cerebra Foundation for the Brain Injured Child (Carmarthen, Wales, United Kingdom) and AGAUR 2017 SGR grant 1531 is funded by Generalitat Catalunya, Catalonia.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Cobo Teresa, Aldecoa V, Figueras F, et al. Development and validation of a multivariable prediction model of spontaneous preterm delivery and microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labor. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020;223:421.e1-14.