Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The Law of Surrogate Motherhood in the United States. The American Journal of Comparative Law. Vol 58, Supplement: Welcoming the World.U. S. National Reports to the XVIIIth International Congress of Comparative Law, 2010: 97-114
- Surrogacy: why the world needs rules for “selling” babies.BBC. April 26,, 2019
Washington Uniform Parentage Act, Chapter 26.26A RCW.
Utah Code Ann 78B-15-801.
Paternity of F.T.R, Rosecky V. Schissel, 2013 WI 66, 349 Wis. 2d, 833 N.W.2d 634.
Virginia Code “Status of Children of Assisted Conception” 20-156.
New York Code Section 8-122.
Michigan Surrogate Parenting Act MCL Section 722.851.
N.M. Stat. Ann. 40-11A-801.
- Labor of love: gestational surrogacy and the work of making babies.Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, NJ2015
- Report of the Committee of Inquiry into Human Fertilisation and Embryology.Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, London1984
- FIGO Committee report: surrogacy.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2008; 102: 312-313
- Informed consent in medical decision-making in commercial gestational surrogacy: a mixed methods study in New Delhi, India.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2015; 94: 465-472
- Once the go-to place for surrogacy, India tightens control over its baby industry.Public Radio International. July 4, 2018;
- Commercial surrogacy and the human right to autonomy.J Law Med. 2015; 23: 365-377
- A new ethical model of commercial surrogacy arrangements for Australia.J Law Med. 2018; 25: 919-928
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. 1976.
- 660: family building through gestational surrogacy.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; : 127e97-127e103
- Physician responsibility when a surrogate mother breaks her contract.Virtual Mentor. 2014; 16: 10-16
- Trends and outcomes of gestational surrogacy in the United States.Fertil Steril. 2016; 106: 435-442
- Recommendations for practices utilizing gestational carriers: a committee opinion.Fertil Steril. 2017; 107: e3-e10
- Outcomes for gestational carriers versus traditional surrogates in the United States.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2018; 27: 640-645
- Perinatal outcome after in-vitro fertilization-surrogacy.Hum Reprod. 1999; 14: 671-676
- Gestational carrier in assisted reproductive technology.Fertil Steril. 2018; 109: 420-428
- Commercialization, altruism, clinical practice: seeking explanation for similarities and differences in Californian and Canadian gestational surrogacy outcomes.Womens Health Issues. 2018; 28: 239-250
- Surrogacy: outcomes for surrogate mothers, children and the resulting families–a systematic review.Hum Reprod Update. 2016; 22: 260-276
- Perinatal outcomes after natural conception versus in vitro fertilization (IVF) in gestational surrogates: a model to evaluate IVF treatment versus maternal effects.Fertil Steril. 2017; 108: 993-998
- Gestational surrogacy: results of 10 years of experience in the Netherlands.Reprod Biomed Online. 2018; 37: 725-731
- Surrogacy: the experiences of surrogate mothers.Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 2196-2204
- Surrogate mothers 10 years on: a longitudinal study of psychological well-being and relationships with the parents and child.Hum Reprod. 2015; 30: 373-379
- Determinants of gestational surrogates’ satisfaction in relation to the characteristics of surrogacy cases.Reprod Biomed Online. 2019; 39: 249-261
- Surrogacy: the experience of commissioning couples.Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 1334-1342
- Surrogacy families 10 years on: relationship with the surrogate, decisions over disclosure and children’s understanding of their surrogacy origins.Hum Reprod. 2012; 27: 3008-3014
- The online world of surrogacy.Berghann Books, New York2016
The authors report no conflicts of interest.
The authors report no financial support for this work.