Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Labor induction versus expectant management in low-risk nulliparous women.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 513-523
- Practice advisory: clinical guidance for integration of the findings of the ARRIVE trial: labor induction versus expectant management in low-risk nulliparous women.(Available at:)https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Practice-Advisories/Practice-Advisory-Clinical-guidance-for-integration-of-the-findings-of-The-ARRIVE-Trial?IsMobileSet=falseDate accessed: November 20, 2018
- SMFM statement on elective induction of labor in low-risk nulliparous women at term: the ARRIVE Trial. Society of Maternal-Fetal (SMFM) Publications Committee.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: B2-B4
- Intervention rates after elective induction of labor compared to labor with a spontaneous onset.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2013; 56: 133-138
- Risk of cesarean delivery with elective induction of labor at term in nulliparous women.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 94: 600-607
- Elective induction of labor as a risk factor for cesarean delivery among low-risk women at term.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 95: 917-922
- Economic implications of method of delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 192-197
- Outcome after elective labor induction in nulliparous women: a matched cohort study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 240-244
- Costing the cascade: estimating the cost of increased obstetric intervention in childbirth using population data.BJOG. 2003; 110: 717-724
- Induction of labor and cesarean delivery by gestational age.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 700-705
- Randomized trial of labor induction in women 35 years of age or older.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 813-822
- cost-effectiveness of induction of labour versus serial antenatal monitoring in the Canadian multicenter postterm pregnancy trial.Can Med Assoc J. 1995; 152: 1445-1450
- An economic analysis of induction of labour and expectant monitoring in women with gestational hypertension or pre-eclampsia at term (HYPITAT trial).BJOG. 2010; 117: 1577-1585
- Labour induction near term for women aged 35 or over: an economic evaluation.BJOG. 2017; 124: 929-934
- Induction of labor at 39 weeks of gestation versus expectant management for low-risk nulliparous women: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220: 590.e1-590.e10
- Cost-effectiveness of antenatal corticosteroid therapy vs. no therapy in women at risk of late preterm delivery.JAMA Pediatr. 2019; 173: 462-468
- State of Illinois Access Monitoring Review Plan—2016.(Available at:)https://www.illinois.gov/hfs/SiteCollectionDocuments/8.22.16AccessMonitoringReviewPlan.pdfDate accessed: November 17, 2019
- Consumer price index for all urban consumers.(Available at:)https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CPIMEDSLDate accessed: November 17, 2019
- Historical currency converter.(Available at:)https://fxtop.com/en/historical-currency-converter.php?A=41.45&C1=CAD&C2=USD&DD=01&MM= 01&YYYY=1992&B=1&P=&I=1&btnOK=Go%21Date accessed: November 17, 2019
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
This study was supported by by grants ( HD40512 , HD36801 , HD27869 , HD34208 , HD68268 , HD40485 , HD40500 , HD53097 , HD40560 , HD40545 , HD27915 , HD40544 , HD34116 , HD68282 , HD87192 , HD68258 , and HD87230 ) from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences ( UL1TR001873 ).
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Grobman WA, Sandoval G, Reddy UM, et al. Health resource utilization of labor induction versus expectant management. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020;222:369.e1-11.