Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The diagnosis and management of morbidly adherent placenta.Semin Perinatol. 2018; 42: 49-58
- Placenta accreta spectrum: Pathophysiology and evidence-based anatomy for prenatal ultrasound imaging.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 75-87
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine with assistance of Cahill AG, Beigi R, Heine RP, Silver RM, Wax JR. Placenta accreta spectrum. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:B2–16.
- Maternal morbidity associated with multiple repeat cesarean deliveries.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 1226-1232
- Abnormal placentation: placenta previa, vasa previa, and placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 654
- Incidence and risk factors for placenta accreta/increta/percreta in the UK: A national case-control study.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e52893
- Type and location of placenta previa affect preterm delivery risk related to antepartum hemorrhage.Int J Med Sci. 2013; 10: 1683-1688
- Risk factors for massive postpartum bleeding in pregnancies in which incomplete placenta previa are located on the posterior uterine wall.Obstet Gynecol Sci. 2017; 60: 520-526
- Maternal outcomes according to placental position in placental previa.Int J Med Sci. 2011; 8: 439-444
- Placenta previa and hemorrhage: The placental location may be an important determinant of the bleeding amount.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018; 31: 1390-1391
- Does previa location matter? Surgical morbidity associated with location of a placenta previa.J Perinatol. 2014; 34: 264-267
- Placenta accreta.(Available at:)https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=placenta+accretaDate accessed: March 1, 2019
- Morbidly adherent placenta.(Available at:)https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=morbidly+adherent+placentaDate accessed: March 1, 2019
- Anterior placentation as a risk factor for massive hemorrhage during cesarean section in patients with placenta previa.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2014; 40: 1243-1248
- Placenta percreta is associated with more frequent severe maternal morbidity than placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 193
- Perioperative and transfusion outcomes in women undergoing cesarean hysterectomy for abnormal placentation.Transfusion (Paris). 2014; 54: 1530-1536
- Placenta accreta is associated with IVF pregnancies: A retrospective chart review.BJOG. 2011; 118: 1084-1089
- [Comparative study of patients with placenta accreta with or without a history of cesarean section].J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2014; 43: 322-327
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study was funded partially by the Abbott Northwestern Foundation .
Cite this article as: Morgan EA, Sidebottom A, Vacquier M, et al. The effect of placental location in cases of placenta accreta spectrum. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:357.e1-5.