Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2016.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2018; 67: 1-52
- Perinatal mortality and neonatal morbidity rates among twin pairs at different gestational ages: optimal delivery timing at 37 to 38 weeks’ gestation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 451-458
- Neonatal outcomes of twin pregnancy according to the planned mode of delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 695-703
- Randomized management of the nonvertex twin: vaginal delivery or cesarean section.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 156: 52-56
- Cesarean delivery for twins: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 220-227
- Cesarean section for the second twin.J Reprod Med. 1997; 42: 767-770
- Delivery of the second twin.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2005; 91: 217-220
- Combined vaginal-abdominal delivery of twins.J Reprod Med. 1995; 40: 131-134
- Combined vaginal-cesarean delivery of twins: risk factors and neonatal outcome, a single center experience.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015; 28: 509-514
- Prediction of safe and successful vaginal twin birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 237
- Combined vaginal-cesarean delivery of twin pregnancies.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 98: 1032-1037
- Occurrence and predictors of cesarean delivery for the second twin after vaginal delivery of the first twin.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 103: 413-419
- Cesarean delivery for the second twin.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 748-752
- A randomized trial of planned cesarean or vaginal delivery for twin pregnancy.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1295-1305
- The predicting factors and outcomes of caesarean section of the second twin.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017; 37: 709-713
- Risk factors for emergency cesarean delivery of the second twin after vaginal delivery of the first twin.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2009; 35: 467-471
- Fetal presentation and successful twin vaginal delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 116.e1-116.e10
- Outcomes of non-vertex second twins, following vertex vaginal delivery of first twin.a secondary analysis of the WHO Global Survey on maternal and perinatal health. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 14: 55
- Neonatal outcomes of twins according to birth order, presentation and mode of delivery.a systematic review and meta-analysisBJOG. 2011; 118: 523-532
The authors report no conflict of interest.
T.B.S. was funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). CIHR had no role in the design, management, data collection, analysis, or interpretation of the data. CIHR had no role in the writing of this manuscript or in the decision to submit for publication.
Clinical Trial Identification
ClinicalTrials.gov number: NCT00187369;
Current Controlled Trials number: ISRCTN74420086
Cite this article as: Aviram A, Lipworth H, Asztalos EV, et al. The worst of both worlds—combined deliveries in twin gestations: a subanalysis of the Twin Birth Study, a randomized, controlled, prospective study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:353.e1-7.