Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Hypertension. 2018; 71: e13-e15
- Age-specific relevance of usual blood pressure to vascular mortality: a meta-analysis of individual data for one million adults in 61 prospective studies.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1903-1913
- Risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes in women with mild chronic hypertension before 20 weeks of gestation.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 966-972
- Chronic hypertension and pregnancy outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2014; 348: g2301
- Aspirin versus placebo in pregnancies at high risk for preterm preeclampsia.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 613-622
- Predictable blood pressure variability in healthy and complicated pregnancies.Hypertension. 2001; 38: 736-741
- Blood pressure variability during gestation in healthy and complicated pregnancies.Hypertension. 1997; 30: 611-618
- Aspirin effect on adverse pregnancy outcomes associated with stage 1 hypertension in a high-risk cohort.Hypertension. 2018; 72: 202-207
- Maternal outcomes associated with lower range stage 1 hypertension.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 843-849
- A description of the methods of the Nulliparous Pregnancy Outcomes Study: monitoring mothers-to-be (nuMoM2b).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 539.e1-539.e4
- Recommendations for blood pressure measurement in humans and experimental animals.Circulation. 2005; 111: 697-716
- Association between sleep-disordered breathing and hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and gestational diabetes mellitus.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: 31-41
- Gestational Hypertension and Preeclampsia.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e1-e25
- Estimated impact of the 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association blood pressure guidelines on reproductive-aged women.Hypertension. 2018; 72
- Impact of the new American hypertension guidelines on the prevalence of postpartum hypertension.Am J Perinatol. 2019; 36: 440-442
- Chronic Hypertension in Pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e26-e50
- Prehypertension in early pregnancy: what is the significance?.Am J Perinatol. 2017; 34: 117-122
- Prehypertension during pregnancy and risk of small for gestational age: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Matern Neonatal Med. 2018; : 1-8
- The prevalence and nature of the use of preconception services by women with chronic health conditions: an integrative review.BMC Womens Health. 2015; 15: 14
- Potential US population impact of the 2017 ACC/AHA high blood pressure guideline.Circulation. 2018; 137: 109-118
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This work was supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development : U10 HD063036 , RTI International ; U10 HD063072 , Case Western Reserve University ; U10 HD063047 , Columbia University ; U10 HD063037 , Indiana University ; U10 HD063041 , University of Pittsburgh ; U10 HD063020 , Northwestern University ; U10 HD063046 , University of California, Irvine ; U10 HD063048 , University of Pennsylvania ; and U10 HD063053 , University of Utah, and NIH/ORWH Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health (BIRCWH) NIH K12HD043441 scholar funds to A.H.
Cite this article as: Hauspurg H, Parry S, Mercer BM, et al. Blood pressure trajectory and category and risk of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy in nulliparous women. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:277.e1-8.