Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network. Prevalence of symptomatic pelvic floor disorders in US women.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1311-1316
- Bowel function, sexual function, and symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse in women with and without urinary incontinence.Neurourol Urodyn. 2018; 37: 2586-2596
- Does sacral nerve stimulation improve global pelvic function in women?.Colorectal Dis. 2013; 15: 848-857
- OnabotulinumtoxinA detrusor injection improves female sexual function in women with overactive bladder wet syndrome.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2018; 225: 228-231
- The refractory overactive bladder: sacral neuromodulation vs botulinum toxin assessment: ROSETTA trial.Contemp Clin Trials. 2014; 37: 272-283
- Prospective comparison of faecal incontinence grading systems.Gut. 1999; 44: 77-80
- Inconclusive psychometric properties of the Vaizey score in fecally incontinent patients: A prospective cohort study.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 370-377
- National institutes of health state-of-the-science conference statement: Prevention of fecal and urinary incontinence in adults.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 449-458
- Biofeedback and/or sphincter exercises for the treatment of faecal incontinence in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007; 4
- Selecting an outcome measure for evaluating treatment in fecal incontinence.Dis Colon Rectum. 2005; 48: 2294-2301
- Controlling anal incontinence in women by performing anal exercises with biofeedback or loperamide (CAPABLe) trial: Design and methods.Contemp Clin Trials. 2015; 44: 164-174
- A short form of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire (PISQ-12).Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2003; 14 (erratum in: Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2004;15: 219): 164-168
- A new measure of sexual function in women with pelvic floor disorders (PFD): the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire, IUGA-Revised (PISQ-IR).Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 1091-1103
- Defining clinically meaningful change in health-related quality of life.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 395-407
- OnabotulinumtoxinA vs sacral neuromodulation on refractory urgency urinary incontinence in women: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1366-1374
- Two-year outcomes of sacral neuromodulation versus onabotulinumtoxina for refractory urgency urinary incontinence: a randomized trial.Eur Urol. 2018; 74: 66-73
- Satisfaction and patient experience with sacral neuromodulation: results of a single center sample survey.J Urol. 2011; 185: 588-592
- Can sacral neuromodulation improve minor incontinence symptoms in doubly incontinent patients successfully treated for major incontinence symptoms?.Urology. 2012; 79: 80-85
- Sacral neuromodulation outcomes in patients with urge urinary incontinence and concomitant urge fecal incontinence.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2010; 16: 171-178
- How sacral nerve stimulation works in patients with faecal incontinence.Colorectal Dis. 2011; 13: e203-e211
- Cross-talk and sensitization of bladder afferent nerves.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 77-81
- A model of neural cross-talk and irritation in the pelvis: implications for the overlap of chronic pelvic pain disorders.Gastroenterology. 2005; 128: 1953-1964
- The effect of sacral neuromodulation on pudendal nerve function and female sexual function.Neurourol Urodyn. 2015; 34: 456-460
Supported by grants from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and the National Institutes of Health Office of Research on Women’s Health .
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest: Uduak U. Andy: PI Grant R03-AG-053277-01, National Institute on Aging, NIH; PI Industry Grant, Pelvalon Inc ; Gena Dunivan and Keisha Y . Dyer: PI Industry Grant, Pelvalon Inc; Sandip Vasavada : Consulting, Medtronic, Allergan, BlueWind, and Amphora. The following authors report no conflicts of interest: Cindy L. Amundsen, Emily Honeycutt, Alayne D. Markland, Nicole B. Korbly, Megan Bradley, Donna Mazloomdoost, and Sonia Thomas.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01502956.
Cite this article as: Andy UU, Amundsen CL, Honeycutt E, et al. Sacral neuromodulation versus onabotulinumtoxinA for refractory urgency urinary incontinence: impact on fecal incontinence symptoms and sexual function. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:513.e1-15.