Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Obstetric care consensus no. 1: safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 693-711
- Perils of the new labor management guidelines.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 420-427
- Misguided guidelines for managing labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 753 e1-e3
- The natural history of the normal first stage of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116 (author reply -3): 772
- Toward normal birth—but at what cost?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 439-444
- ACOG Practice Bulletin Number 49, December 2003: dystocia and augmentation of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 1445-1454
- New labor management guidelines and changes in cesarean delivery patterns.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 689 e1-689 e8
- Reduction in the cesarean delivery rate after obstetric care consensus guideline implementation.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 145-152
- Impact of recommended changes in labor management for prevention of the primary cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 341 e1-341 e9
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network. Defining failed induction of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 122 e1-122 e8
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes after prolonged latent phase.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81: 486-491
- Prevalence of prolonged latent phase and labor outcomes: review of birth records in a Swedish population.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2018; 63: 33-44
- Maternal and fetal risks associated with prolonged latent phase of labour.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002; 22: 16-19
- A randomized controlled trial on early induction compared to expectant management of nulliparous women with prolonged latent phases.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2014; 93: 1042-1049
- A prospective cohort study of fetal heart rate monitoring: deceleration area is predictive of fetal acidemia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 523.e1-523.e12
- The natural history of the normal first stage of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 705-710
- Impact of fetal gender on the labor curve.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 335 e1-335 e5
- Index for rating diagnostic tests.Cancer. 1950; 3: 32-35
- ROC-ing along: evaluation and interpretation of receiver operating characteristic curves.Surgery. 2016; 159: 1638-1645
- Defining an abnormal first stage of labor based on maternal and neonatal outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 536 e1-536 e7
- Primigravid labor; a graphicostatistical analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 1955; 6: 567-589
- Indications contributing to the increasing cesarean delivery rate.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 29-38
- Statistical aspects of modeling the labor curve.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 750 e1-e4
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This work was supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R01: HD 06161619-01A1 , PI: A.G.C.).
Cite this article as: Rosenbloom JI, Woolfolk CL, Wan L, et al. The transition from latent to active labor and adverse obstetrical outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:487.e1-8.