Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Carcinoma of the ovary.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2014; 124: 1-5
- Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy or primary surgery in stage IIIC or IV ovarian cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 943-953
- Primary chemotherapy versus primary surgery for newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer (CHORUS): an open-label, randomized, controlled, non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2015; 386: 249-257
- Phase III SCORPION trial (ID number: NCT01461850) in epithelial cancer patients with high tumor load receiving PDS versus NACT: an interim analysis on peri-operative outcome.Proceedings Society of Gynecologic Oncology Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer. 2015; (abstr LBA1)
- Comparison of treatment invasiveness between upfront debulking surgery versus interval debulking surgery following neoadjuvant chemotherapy for stage III/IV ovarian, tubal, and peritoneal cancers in phase III randomized trial: JCOG0602.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32 (suppl; abstr 5508): 353s
- Thirty-day mortality after primary cytoreductive surgery for advanced ovarian cancer in the elderly.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 537-547
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for newly diagnosed, advanced ovarian cancer: Society of Gynecologic Oncology and American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 3460-3473
- Examining survival outcomes of 852 women with advanced ovarian cancer.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2018; 28: 925-931
- The impacts of neoadjuvant chemotherapy and of debulking surgery on survival from advanced ovarian cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 134: 462-467
- Aggressive surgical strategies in advanced ovarian cancer: a monocentric study of 203 stage IIIC and IV patients.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009; 35: 135-143
- Only complete tumour resection after neoadjuvant chemotherapy offers benefit over suboptimal debulking in advanced ovarian cancer.Eur J Obset Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019; 219: 100-105
- Primary debulking surgery vs. neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by interval debulking surgery in patients with advanced ovarian cancer.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2016; 293: 163-168
- Histopathology predicts clinical outcome in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and debulking surgery.Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 131: 531-534
- Primary debulking surgery versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy in stage IV ovarian cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2012; 19: 959-965
- Moving beyond ‘complete surgical resection’ and ‘optimal’: is low-volume residual disease another option for primary debulking surgery.Gynecol Oncol. 2018; 150: 233-238
- Aggressive and complex surgery for advanced ovarian cancer: an economic analysis.Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 112: 16-21
- Identification of prognostic factors in advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2001; 82: 532-537
- Platinum-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy and interval cytoreduction for advanced ovarian cancer: a metaanalysis.Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 103: 1070-1076
- Quality of life in women treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer: a prospective longitudinal study.Gynecol Oncol. 2003; 88: 9-16
- Does neoadjuvant chemotherapy increase optimal cytoreduction rate in advanced ovarian cancer? Meta-analysis of 21 studies.Ann Surg Oncol. 2009; 16: 2315-2320
- What should we expect after a complete cytoreduction at the time of interval or primary debulking surgery in advanced ovarian cancer?.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 1666-1673
- Improved progression-free and overall survival in advanced ovarian cancer as a result of a change in surgical paradigm.Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 114: 26-31
- Trends in the use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer in the United States.Gynecol Oncol. 2016; 143: 236-240
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Manning-Geist BL, Hicks-Courant K, Gockley AA, et al. A novel classification of residual disease after interval debulking surgery for advanced-stage ovarian cancer to better distinguish oncologic outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:326.e1-7.