Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ART in Europe, 2014: results generated from European registries by ESHRE: The European IVF-monitoring Consortium (EIM) for the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).Hum Reprod. 2018; 33: 1586-1601
Prevention CfDCa. cdc.gov/art/pdf/2015-report/ART-2015-National-Summary-Report.pdf. Accessed March 1, 2019
- Transfer of fresh versus frozen embryos in ovulatory women.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 126-136
- IVF transfer of fresh or frozen embryos in women without polycystic ovaries.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 137-147
- Fresh versus frozen embryo transfers in assisted reproduction.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 3: Cd011184
- Fresh versus frozen embryos in polycystic ovary syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: e42
- Is frozen embryo transfer better for mothers and babies? Can cumulative meta-analysis provide a definitive answer?.Hum Reprod Update. 2018; 24: 35-58
- Perinatal outcomes of children born after frozen-thawed embryo transfer: a Nordic cohort study from the CoNARTaS group.Hum Reprod. 2013; 28: 2545-2553
- Obstetric complications after frozen versus fresh embryo transfer in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: results from a randomized trial.Fertil Steril. 2018; 109: 324-329
- Large for gestational age and macrosomia in singletons born after frozen/thawed embryo transfer (FET) in assisted reproductive technology (ART).Birth Defects Res. 2018; 110: 630-643
- Obstetric outcome in singletons after in vitro fertilization with cryopreserved/thawed embryos.Hum Reprod. 2012; 27
- Risk of hypertensive disorders in pregnancies following assisted reproductive technology: a cohort study from the CoNARTaS group.Hum Reprod. 2015; 30
- Cycle regimens for frozen-thawed embryo transfer.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 7: Cd003414
- A randomized controlled, non-inferiority trial of modified natural versus artificial cycle for cryo-thawed embryo transfer.Hum Reprod. 2016; 31: 1483-1492
- Absent or excessive corpus luteum number is associated with altered maternal vascular health in early pregnancy.Hypertension. 2019; 73: 680-690
- Increased preeclampsia risk and reduced aortic compliance with in vitro fertilization cycles in the absence of a corpus luteum.Hypertension. 2019; 73: 640-649
- Effect of mode of conception on maternal serum relaxin, creatinine, and sodium concentrations in an infertile population.Reprod Sci. 2019; 26: 412-419
- National Registry of Assisted Reproduction (Q-IVF).(Available at:)Accessed March 1, 2019)
- A quality study of a medical birth registry.Scand J Soc Med. 1990; 18: 143-148
- Accessed March 1, 2019)
- Accessed March 1, 2019)
- Statistics Sweden.(Available at)Accessed March 1, 2019)
- Intrauterine growth curves based on ultrasonically estimated foetal weights.Acta Paediatr. 1996; 85: 843-848
- Accessed March 1, 2019)
- Risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2011; 343: d6309
- Pregnancy, birth, and infant outcomes by maternal fertility status: the Massachusetts Outcomes Study of Assisted Reproductive Technology.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 327.e1-327.e14
- Fetal growth and body proportion in preeclampsia.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 101: 575-583
- Pregnancy-related complications and perinatal outcomes resulting from transfer of cryopreserved versus fresh embryos in vitro fertilization: a meta-analysis.Fertil Steril. 2018; 109: 330-342.e9
- Obstetric outcomes after fresh versus frozen-thawed embryo transfers: A systematic review and meta-analysis.JBRA Assist Reprod. 2018; 22: 253-260
- Pregnancy complications in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.Hum Reprod Update. 2015; 21: 575-592
- Peak serum estradiol level during controlled ovarian hyperstimulation is associated with increased risk of small for gestational age and preeclampsia in singleton pregnancies after in vitro fertilization.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97: 1374-1379
- Supraphysiologic estradiol is an independent predictor of low birth weight in full-term singletons born after fresh embryo transfer.Hum Reprod. 2017; 32: 1410-1417
- Increased risk of large-for-gestational age birthweight in singleton siblings conceived with in vitro fertilization in frozen versus fresh cycles.J Assist Reprod Genet. 2017; 34: 191-200
- High risks of maternal and perinatal complications in singletons born after oocyte donation.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2016; 95: 879-886
- Obstetric and neonatal complications in pregnancies conceived after oocyte donation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BJOG. 2017; 124: 561-572
- Placental pathology in egg donor pregnancies.Fertil Steril. 2010; 93: 397-404
- The ‘immunologic theory' of preeclampsia revisited: a lesson from donor oocyte gestations.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 383.e1-383.e5
The authors report no conflicts of interest.
The study was financed by grants from the Swedish state under the agreement between the Swedish government and the county councils, the ALF-agreement (LUA/ALF 70940).
Reprints will not be available.
Cite this article as: Ginström Ernstad E, Wennerholm U-B, Khatibi A, et al. Neonatal and maternal outcome after frozen embryo transfer: Increased risks in programmed cycles. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;221:126.e1-18.