Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Aoyama K, Ray JG, Pinto R, et al. Temporal variations in incidence and outcomes of critical illness among pregnant and postpartum women in Canada: a population-based observational study. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2018 Oct 29. pii: S1701-2163(18)30634-0. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2018.07.021. [Epub ahead of print].
- Pregnancy-related mortality in the United States, 2011–2013.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 366-373
- Preventability review of severe maternal morbidity.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2019; 98: 515-522
- Evolving trends in the epidemiology, resource utilization, and outcomes of pregnancy-associated severe sepsis: a population-based cohort study.J Clin Med Res. 2015; 7: 400-416
- Incidence and risk factors of sepsis mortality in labor, delivery and after birth: population-based study in the USA.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2015; 41: 1201-1206
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: international guidelines for management of sepsis and septic shock: 2016.Intens Care Med. 2017; 43: 304-377
- Time to treatment and mortality during mandated emergency care for sepsis.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 2235-2244
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock, 2012.Intens Care Med. 2013; 39: 165-228
- Relationship between a sepsis intervention bundle and in-hospital mortality among hospitalized patients: a retrospective analysis of real-world data.Anesth Analg. 2017; 125: 507-513
- Two decades of mortality trends among patients with severe sepsis: a comparative meta-analysis.Crit Care Med. 2014; 42: 625-631
- Estimating ten-year trends in septic shock incidence and mortality in United States academic medical centers using clinical data.Chest. 2017; 151: 278-285
- Recognition and treatment of sepsis in pregnancy.J Midwif Womens Health. 2018; 63: 347-351
- Final report on calculating National Inpatient Sample (NIS) variances for data years 2012 and later.2015 (Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/methods/methods.jsp. Accessed March 4, 2019.)
- Using the HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample to estimate trends.2016 (Available at: www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Accessed March 4, 2019.)
- An enhanced method for identifying obstetric deliveries: implications for estimating maternal morbidity.Matern Child Health J. 2008; 12: 469-477
- Maternal sepsis mortality and morbidity during hospitalization for delivery: temporal trends and independent associations for severe sepsis.Anesth Analg. 2013; 117: 944-950
- Development of a comorbidity index for use in obstetric patients.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 957-965
- ZIP-code-based versus tract-based income measures as long-term risk-adjusted mortality predictors.Am J Epidemiol. 2006; 164: 586-590
- The weekend effect in hospitalized patients: a meta-analysis.J Hosp Med. 2017; 12: 760-766
- Permutation tests for joinpoint regression with applications to cancer rates.Stat Med. 2000; 19: 335-351
- Epidemiology of maternal morbidity and mortality.Semin Perinatol. 2017; 41: 332-337
- Challenges and opportunities in identifying, reviewing, and preventing maternal deaths.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 138-142
- Impact of policies on the rise in sepsis incidence, 2000–2010.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 695-703
- Association between prepregnancy body mass index and severe maternal morbidity.JAMA. 2017; 318: 1777-1786
- The maternal early warning criteria: a proposal from the national partnership for maternal safety.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 782-786
- Maternal sepsis incidence, aetiology and outcome for mother and fetus: a prospective study.BJOG. 2015; 122: 663-671
Bauer ME, Housey M, Bauer ST, et al. Risk factors, etiologies, and screening tools for sepsis in pregnant women: a multicenter case-control study. Anesth Analg 2018 Aug 29. [Epub ahead of print].
- Delayed childbearing: effects on fertility and the outcome of pregnancy.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 24: 187-193
- Maternal age and severe maternal morbidity: A population-based retrospective cohort study.PLOS Medicine. 2017; 14: e1002307
- Advanced maternal age and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PloS One. 2017; 12: e0186287
- Contribution of maternal age and pregnancy checkbox on maternal mortality ratios in the United States, 1978–2012.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 352.e351-352.e357
- Developing a new definition and assessing new clinical criteria for septic shock: for the third international consensus definitions for sepsis and septic shock (sepsis-3).JAMA. 2016; 315: 775-787
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Kendle AM, Salemi JL, Tanner JP, Louis JM. Delivery-associated sepsis: trends in prevalence and mortality. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019;220:391.e1-16.