Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Effect of long term testosterone administration on the endometrium of female-to-male (FtM) transsexuals.J Sex Med. 2009; 6: 3193-3200
- Histology of the genital tract and breast tissue after long-term testosterone administration in a female-to-male transsexual population.Repro Biomed Online. 2010; 20: 553-558
- Uterine and ovarian changes during testosterone administration in young female-to-male transsexuals.Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 55: 686-691
- Histologic features of hysterectomy specimens from female-male transgender individuals.Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2018; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group and Australian National Endometrial Cancer Study. Polycystic ovary syndrome increases the risk of endometrial cancer in women aged less than 50 years: an Australian case-control study.Cancer Causes Control. 2010; 21: 2303-2308
- Endogenous sex hormones and endometrial cancer risk in the European Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC).Endocr Relat Cancer. 2008; 15: 485-497
- Do androgens have a direct effect on endometrial function? An in vitro study.Fertil Steril. 2000; 74: 771-779
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap): a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Abnormal uterine bleeding.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2016; 34: 54-65
- Cancer statistics 2018.Ca Cancer J Clin. 2018; 68: 7-30
- Therapeutic options for management of endometrial hyperplasia.J Gynecol Oncol. 2016; 27: e8
- Proliferative activity of the endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle in infertile women with and without endometriosis.Fertil Steril. 1996; 66: 369-375
- Peripheral aromatization as a risk factor for breast and endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women: a review.Gynecol Oncol. 1984; 17: 1-21
- The health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people: building a foundation for better understanding.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- Risk factors for endometrial cancer risk in black and white women: a pooled analysis from the epidemiology of endometrial cancer consortium.Cancer Causes Control. 2015; 26: 287-296
- Effects of sex steroids on components of the insulin resistance syndrome in transsexual subjects.Clin Endocrinol. 2003; 58: 562-571
- Gynecologic malignancies in female-to-male transgender patients: the need of original gender surveillance.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: e9-e12
World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). Standards of care for the health of transsexual, transgender, and gender nonconforming people, 7th Version. WPATH 2012. Available at: http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1351. Accessed March 6, 2018.
- Endocrine treatment of gender dysphoric/gender-incongruent persons: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 1-35
- Diagnosis of abnormal uterine bleeding in reproductive-aged women. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 128.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 197-206
- Induction and maintenance of amenorrhea in transmasculine and nonbinary adolescents.Transgender Health. 2017; 2: 195-201
- Hormonal pathology of the endometrium.Mod Pathol. 2000; 13: 285-294
- Apoptosis may be an early event of progestin therapy for endometrial hyperplasia.Gynecol Oncol. 2000; 79: 169-176
- Long-acting reversible contraception: implants and intrauterine devices. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 186.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: e251-e269
- Transgender men who experienced pregnancy after female-to-male gender transitioning.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1120-1127
- The use of aromatase inhibitors for ovulation induction and superovulation.J Clin Endocrinol Met. 2013; 98: 1838-1844
- Effects of testosterone undecanoate administered alone or in combination with letrozole or dutasteride in female to male transsexuals.J Sex Med. 2008; 5: 2442-2453
- Bone mineral density and circulating biomarkers in the BIG 1-98 trial comparing adjuvant letrozole, tamoxifen, and their sequences.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014; 144: 321-329
- Bone loss in patients with breast cancer receiving aromatase inhibitors and associated treatment strategies.Cancer Treat Rev. 2008; 34: S31-S42
- The role of transvaginal ultrasonography in evaluating the endometrium of women with postmenopausal bleeding. ACOG Committee Opinion Number 734. May 2018.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: e124-e129
- Effects of three different testosterone formulations in female-to-male transsexual persons.J Sex Med. 2014; 11: 3002-3011
- Standards of care for the health of transsexual, transgender, and gender-nonconforming people, version 7.Int J Transgenderism. 2012; 13: 165-232
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Grimstad FW, Fowler KG, New EP, et al. Uterine pathology in transmasculine persons on testosterone: a retrospective multicenter case series. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019;220:257.e1-7.