- Caradeux J.
- Martinez-Portilla R.J.
- Basuki T.R.
- Kiserud T.
- Figueras F.
Which fetal growth chart?
Population-based reference charts
Customized fetal growth assessment
Prescriptive growth standards
The way forward
What we are missing?
Clinical outcomes of relevance
A comprehensive approach
- Fetal growth: evaluation and management.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S608
- Long-term cardiovascular consequences of fetal growth restriction: biology, clinical implications, and opportunities for prevention of adult disease.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S869-S879
- Diagnosis and surveillance of late-onset fetal growth restriction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S790-S802.e1
- Risk of fetal death in growth-restricted fetuses with umbilical and/or ductus venosus absent or reversed end-diastolic velocities before 34 weeks of gestation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218 (S774–82.e21)
- Intrauterine growth as estimated from liveborn birth-weight data at 24 to 42 weeks of gestation.Pediatrics. 1963; 32: 793-800
- On intrauterine growth - the significance of prenatal care.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1970; 8: 895-912
- New Dutch reference curves for birthweight by gestational age.Early Hum Dev. 2009; 85: 737-744
- Customised antenatal growth charts.Lancet. 1992; 339: 283-287
- Customized growth charts: rationale, validation and clinical benefits.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S609-S618
- Social deprivation and adverse perinatal outcomes among Western and non-Western pregnant women in a Dutch urban population.Soc Sci Med. 2013; 83: 42-49
- Feasibility of using self-reported ethnicity in pregnancy according to the gestation related optimal weight classification: a cross-sectional study.BJOG. 2018; 125: 704-709
- Application of a customised birthweight standard in the assessment of perinatal outcome in a high risk population.BJOG. 1998; 105: 531-535
- Controlled trial of fundal height measurement plotted on customised antenatal growth charts.BJOG. 1999; 106: 309-317
- Genome-wide associations for birth weight and correlations with adult disease.Nature. 2016; 538: 248-252
- New charts for ultrasound dating of pregnancy and assessment of fetal growth: longitudinal data from a population-based cohort study.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 31: 388-396
- International standards for fetal growth based on serial ultrasound measurements: the Fetal Growth Longitudinal Study of the INTERGROWTH-21st Project.Lancet. 2014; 384: 869-879
- The World Health Organization fetal growth charts: a multinational longitudinal study of ultrasound biometric measurements and estimated fetal weight.PLoS Med. 2017; 14: e1002220
- The World Health Organization fetal growth charts: concept, findings, interpretation, and application.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S619-S629
- Fetal growth standards: the NICHD fetal growth study approach in context with INTERGROWTH-21st and the World Health Organization Multicentre Growth Reference Study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218 (S641–55.e28)
- The INTERGROWTH-21(st) fetal growth standards: toward the global integration of pregnancy and pediatric care.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S630-S640
- Customized vs INTERGROWTH-21(st) standards for the assessment of birthweight and stillbirth risk at term.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: S692-S699
- Biometric assessment.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2009; 23: 819-831
- Customised versus population-based growth charts as a screening tool for detecting small for gestational age infants in low-risk pregnant women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 5: CD008549
- Human fetal growth is constrained below optimal for perinatal survival.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 162-167
- Fetal responses to placental insufficiency: an update.BJOG. 2004; 111: 1031-1041
- Poor effectiveness of antenatal detection of fetal growth restriction and consequences for obstetric management and neonatal outcomes: a French national study.BJOG. 2015; 122: 518-527
- Induction versus expectant monitoring for intrauterine growth restriction at term: randomised equivalence trial (DIGITAT).BMJ. 2010; 341: c7087
- Diagnostic accuracy of individual antenatal tools for prediction of small-for-gestational age at birth.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 49: 493-499
- Screening for fetal growth restriction using ultrasound and the sFLT1/PlGF ratio in nulliparous women: a prospective cohort study.Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2018; 2: 569-581
- Blinded ultrasonic fetal biometry at 36 weeks and the risk of emergency caesarean delivery: a prospective cohort study of 3,047 low risk nulliparous women.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 52: 78-86
- An integrated approach to fetal growth restriction.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2017; 38: 48-58
- Consensus definition of fetal growth restriction: a Delphi procedure.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 333-339
The authors report no conflict of interest.