Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- A randomized, double-blind, dose-ranging study comparing wound infiltration of DepoFoam bupivacaine, an extended-release liposomal bupivacaine, to bupivacaine HCl for postsurgical analgesia in total knee arthroplasty.Knee. 2012; 19: 530-536
- Bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension compared with bupivacaine HCl for the reduction of opioid burden in the postsurgical setting.Curr Med Res Opin. 2012; 28: 1609-1615
- An extended pain relief trial utilizing the infiltration of a long-acting multivesicular liposome formulation of bupivacaine, Exparel (IMPROVE): a phase IV health economic trial in adult patients undergoing ileostomy reversal.J Pain Res. 2013; 6: 549-555
- Liposome bupivacaine (Exparel®) for extended pain relief in patients undergoing ileostomy reversal at a single institution with a fast-track discharge protocol: an IMPROVE phase IV health economics trial.J Pain Res. 2013; 6: 605-610
- Pharmacokinetic profile of liposome bupivacaine injection following a single administration at the surgical site.Clin Drug Investig. 2013; 33: 109-115
- Bupivacaine extended-release liposome injection for prolonged postsurgical analgesia in patients undergoing hemorrhoidectomy: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Dis Colon Rectum. 2011; 54: 1552-1559
- Efficacy profile of liposome bupivacaine, a novel formulation of bupivacaine for postsurgical analgesia.J Pain Res. 2012; 5: 107-116
- Exparel (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) [package insert]. Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc, San Diego, CA2011
- Liposomal bupivacaine: a review of a new bupivacaine formulation.J Pain Res. 2012; 5: 257-264
- Liposomal bupivacaine decreases pain following retropubic sling placement: a randomized placebo-controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 598.e1-598.e11
- Liposomal bupivacaine during robotic colpopexy and posterior repair: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 39-46
- Preliminary validation of the Defense and Veterans Pain Rating Scale (DVPRS) in a military population.Pain Med. 2013; 14: 110-123
- Liposomal bupivacaine infiltration at the surgical site for the management of postoperative pain.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 2: CD011419
Supported by a grant from Department of Research Programs, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center . The funding source had no involvement in design, collection, writing, or the decision for publication.
The authors report no conflict of interest. No authors have relevant disclosures. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of the Air Force, Department of Defense, nor the US Government.
Cite this article as: Jones CL, Gruber DD, Fischer JR, et al. Liposomal bupivacaine efficacy for postoperative pain following posterior vaginal surgery: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:500.e1-8.