Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Care of the transgender patient: a survey of gynecologists' current knowledge and practice.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2015; 24: 114-118
- Health care for transgender individuals. ACOG Committee opinion no. 512.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 1454-1458
- Caring for the transgender patient—the role of the gynecologist.OBG Management. 2017; 29: 30-38
- Creating a culturally competent clinical environment for LGBT patients.J Gay Lesbian Soc Serv. 2011; 23: 376-394
- Factors impacting transgender patients' discomfort with their family physicians: a respondent-driven sampling survey.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0145046
- Injustice at every turn: a report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey.The National Center for Transgender Equality and National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Washington (DC)2011
- Discrimination and delayed health care among transgender women and men: implications for improving medical education and health care delivery.Med Care. 2016; 54: 1010-1016
- The development and validation of the Genderism and Transphobia Scale.Sex Roles. 2005; 53: 531-544
- Why parents should not be told the sex of their fetus.J Med Ethics. 2017; 43: 5-10
- How many adults identify as transgender in the United States?.The Williams Institute, Los Angeles (CA)2016
- The state of transgender health care: policy, law, and medical frameworks.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e31-e38
- The report of the 2015 US Transgender Survey.The National Center for Transgender Equality, Washington (DC)2016
- An exploratory study of transgender New Yorkers' use of sexual health services and interest in receiving services at planned parenthood of New York City.Transgend Health. 2016; 1: 231-237
- Transgender men who experienced pregnancy after female-to-male gender transitioning.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1120-1127
- Emergency Contraception. ACOG Practice bulletin no. 152.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: e1-e11
- Primary care providers' willingness to continue gender-affirming hormone therapy for transgender patients.Fam Pract. 2018; 35: 576-581
- Time for OB-GYNs to care for people of all genders.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2015; 24: 109-111
- Electronic medical records and the transgender patient: recommendations from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health EMR Working Group.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013; 20: 700-703
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
Dr Wu receives support from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development under award number 1K23HD084744-01A1 . The funders had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; preparation, review, and approval of the manuscript; or decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
The authors report no conflict of interest.