Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Minimally invasive specialists and rates of laparoscopic hysterectomy.JSLS. 2015; 19 (e2014.00221)
- Perceived proficiency in minimally invasive surgery among senior OB/GYN residents.JSLS. 2009; 13: 473-478
- AAGL position statement: route of hysterectomy to treat benign uterine disease.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011; 18: 1-3
- Abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy for enlarged uteri: a randomized clinical trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 1561-1565
- LAVH for large uteri by various strategies.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008; 87: 558-563
- Vaginal hysterectomy for the woman with a moderately enlarged uterus weighing 200 to 700 grams.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 1337-1344
- Surgeon volume and operative mortality in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 2117-2127
- The effect of surgeon volume on outcomes and resource use for vaginal hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1341-1347
- Does surgical volume influence short-term outcomes of laparoscopic hysterectomy?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 24.e1-24.e6
- The impact of surgeon volume on perioperative outcomes in hysterectomy.JSLS. 2014; 18: 174-181
- Effect of surgical volume on outcomes for laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign indications.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 709-716
- Surgeon volume and outcomes in benign hysterectomy.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2013; 20: 554-561
- Perioperative outcomes of robotic versus laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign disease.JSLS. 2013; 17: 100-106
- Comparison of robotic and other minimally invasive routes of hysterectomy for benign indications.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 650.e1-650.e8
- Robotically assisted vs laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with benign gynecologic disease.JAMA. 2013; 309: 689-698
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Bretschneider CE, Frazzini Padilla P, Das D, et al. The impact of surgeon volume on perioperative adverse events in women undergoing minimally invasive hysterectomy for the large uterus. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:490.e1-8.