Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Should progressive perineal dilation be considered first line therapy for vaginal agenesis?.J Urol. 2009; 182: 188-191
- Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome: a review of 245 consecutive cases managed by a multidisciplinary approach with vaginal dilators.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97: 68-90
Aplasies utéro-vaginales, protocole national de diagnostic et de soins pour les maladies rares. Available at: https://www.has-sante.fr/portail/upload/docs/application/pdf/2012-12/08l55_guide_medecin_pnds_aplasies_utero_vaginales.pdf. Accessed July 17 2017.
- Mullerian agenesis: diagnosis, management, and treatment. ACOG Committee opinion no. 728.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: e35-e42
- Laparoscopic vaginoplasty using a single peritoneal flap: 10 years of experience in the creation of a neovagina in patients with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.Fertil Steril. 2015; 104: 241-247
- Vaginal dilation treatment in women with vaginal hypoplasia: a prospective one-year follow-up study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 228.e1-228.e12
- Female genital appearance: “normality” unfolds.BJOG. 2005; 112: 643-646
- Normalization of the vagina by dilator treatment alone in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome and Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.Hum Reprod. 2007; 22: 2020-2024
- Quality of life and psychological adjustment of women living with 46,XY differences of sex development.J Sex Med. 2015; 12: 1440-1449
- Sexual life and sexual wellness in individuals with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS) and Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome (MRKHS).J Sex Med. 2014; 11: 729-742
- An update on surgical and non-surgical treatments for vaginal hypoplasia.Hum Reprod Update. 2014; 20: 77-801
- Sexuality after sigmoid vaginoplasty in patients with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97 (69-6)
- The WHOQOL-BREF questionnaire: French adult population norms for the physical health, psychological health and social relationship dimensions.Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique. 2010; 58: 33-39
- Well-being and sexual function outcomes in women with vaginal agenesis.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 238-241
- At what age do women and men have their first sexual intercourse. World comparision and recent trends.Population and Societies. 2003; 391 (https://www.ined.fr/fichier/s_rubrique/18835/publi_pdf2_pop_and_soc_english_391.en.pdf): 1-4
- The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function.J Sex Marital Ther. 2000; 26: 191-208
- Validation of the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI) and presentation of norms in older women.Sexologies. 2012; 21: 126-131
- Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome: sexuality, psychological effects, and quality of life.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2009; 22: 339-346
- Systematic review of sexual function and satisfaction following the management of vaginal agenesis.Int Urogynecol J. 2014; 25 (131-20)
- Creation of a neovagina by Davydov’s laparoscopic modified technique in patients with Rokitansky syndrome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 33.e1-33.e6
- Vaginal agenesis treated by coital dilation in 20 patients.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 125: 282-283
- Long-term results of vaginal construction with the use of Frank dilation and a peritoneal graft (Davydov procedure) in patients with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster syndrome.Fertil Steril. 2015; 103: 220-227.e1
- Which neovagina reconstruction procedure for women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome in the uterus transplantation era? Editorial from the French Uterus Transplantation Committee (CETUF) of CNGOF.J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2018; 47: 175-176
- The formation of an artificial vagina without operation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1938; : 1053-1055
- Editorial comment.J Urol. 2009; 182: 1890-1891
- Management strategies for Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser related vaginal agenesis: a cost-effectiveness analysis.J Urol. 2010; 184: 2116-2121
- Providers' experiences with vaginal dilator training for patients with vaginal agenesis.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2018; 31: 45-47
This research was funded by a grant from the Programme Hospitalier de Recherche Clinique 2011 (Ministry of Health) and sponsored by the Assistance Publique–Hôpitaux de Paris (Projet AP-HP: AOM11168–P110124). Amielle dilators were graciously furnished by Owen-Mumford Ldt, Brook Hill, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1TU, United Kingdom for anatomical evaluation of the vagina.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Cheikhelard A, Bidet M, Baptiste A, et al. Surgery is not superior to dilation for the management of vaginal agenesis in MRKH syndrome: a multicenter comparative observational study in 131 patients. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:281.e1-9.