Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- AAGL position statement: route of hysterectomy to treat benign uterine disease.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011; 18: 1-3
- Choosing the route of hysterectomy for benign disease. ACOG Committee opinion no. 444.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1156-1158
- Quality of life after laparoscopic and abdominal hysterectomy: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 85-91
- Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynecological disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; 8: CD003677
- Abdominal versus laparoscopic hysterectomies for benign diseases: evaluation of morbidity and mortality among 465,798 cases.Gynecol Surg. 2013; 10: 117-122
- Nationwide trends in the performance of inpatient hysterectomy in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 233-241
- Trends in the national distribution of laparoscopic hysterectomies from 2003 to 2010.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2014; 21: 656-661
- Updated hysterectomy surveillance and factors associated with minimally invasive hysterectomy.JSLS. 2014; 18: e2014
- Minimally invasive hysterectomies–a survey on attitudes and barriers among practicing gynecologists.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010; 17: 167-175
- Uterine weight as a predictor of morbidity after a benign abdominal and total laparoscopic hysterectomy.J Reprod Med. 2007; 52: 490-498
- Hysterectomy for the massive leiomyomatous uterus.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 1271-1275
- Uterine size and risk of complications among women undergoing abdominal hysterectomy for leiomyomas.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 539-543
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy for uteri greater than one kilogram.JSLS. 2017; 21: e2016
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy in case of uteri weighing ≥1 kilogram: a series of 71 cases and review of the literature.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2014; 21: 460-465
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy: impact of uterine size.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011; 18: 85-91
- Surgical outcomes of laparoscopic hysterectomy for enlarged uteri.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011; 18: 310-313
- Is laparoscopic hysterectomy feasible for uteri larger than 1000 g?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011; 158: 76-81
- The Department of Veterans Affairs’ NSQIP: the first national, validated, outcome-based, risk-adjusted, and peer-controlled program for the measurement and enhancement of the quality of surgical care. National VA Surgical Quality Improvement Program.Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 491-507
- Laparoscopic versus open hysterectomy for benign disease in women with giant uteri (≥1500 g): feasibility and outcomes.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2016; 23: 922-927
- Minimally invasive specialists and rates of laparoscopic hysterectomy.JSLS. 2015; 19: e2014
- Impact of a fellowship-trained minimally invasive gynecologic surgeon on patient outcomes.JSLS. 2017; 21: e2017
- Changes in hysterectomy trends after the implementation of a clinical pathway.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 127: 139-147
- Predicting uterine weight before hysterectomy: ultrasound measurements versus clinical assessment.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 2122-2125
- Comparison of bimanual examination with ultrasound examination before hysterectomy for uterine leiomyoma.Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 92: 109-112
Disclosure: Drs Louie, Moulder, Dizon, Schiff, and Carey are paid consultants for Teleflex Medical. Ms Strassle reports no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Louie M, Strassle PD, Moulder JK, et al. Uterine weight and complications after abdominal, laparoscopic, and vaginal hysterectomy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:480.e1-8.