Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Identification of acute HIV infection using fourth-generation testing in an opt-out emergency department screening program.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 537-546
- Human immunodeficiency virus diagnostic testing: 30 years of evolution.Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2016; 23: 249-253
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Laboratory tests for diagnosis of HIV. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/testing/laboratorytests.html. Accessed Feb. 26, 2018.
- Significance of false positive syphilis reactions and anticardiolipin antibodies in a nationwide series of pregnant women.J Rheumatol. 1988; 15: 70-73
- STARD 2015: an updated list of essential items for reporting diagnostic accuracy studies.BMJ (Clinical Research Ed). 2015; 351: h5527
US Food and Drug Administration. Abbott ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo. 2010. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/ApprovedProducts/LicensedProductsBLAs/BloodDonorScreening/InfectiousDisease/ucm216291.htm. Accessed March 30, 2018.
US Food and Drug Administration. Approval letter. ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo. 2010. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodvaccines/bloodbloodproducts/approvedproducts/licensedproductsblas/blooddonorscreening/infectiousdisease/ucm216300.htm. Accessed Nov. 20, 2017.
- Real-world performance of the new US HIV testing algorithm in medical settings.J Clin Virol. 2017; 91: 73-78
- Comparison of 4th-generation HIV antigen/antibody combination assay with 3rd-generation HIV antibody assays for the occurrence of false-positive and false-negative results.Lab Med. 2015; 46 (84–9; quiz e28–9)
- Risk factors associated with false positive HIV test results in a low-risk urban obstetric population.J Pregnancy. 2012; 2012: 841979
- A signal-to-cutoff ratio in the Abbott Architect HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay that predicts subsequent confirmation of HIV-1 infection in a low-prevalence setting.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 1709-1711
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Diagnosis of HIV Infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2015. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/library/reports/hiv-surveillance.html. Accessed March 30, 2017.
- Decreased preterm births in an inner-city public hospital.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 578-584
Panel on Treatment of HIV-Infected Pregnant Women and Prevention of Perinatal Transmission. Recommendations for use of antiretroviral drugs in pregnant HIV-1-infected women for maternal health and interventions to reduce perinatal HIV transmission in the United States. Available at: http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines. Accessed Feb. 17, 2016.
- Performance of an alternative HIV diagnostic algorithm using the ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay and potential utility of sample-to-cutoff ratio to discriminate primary from established infection.J Clin Virol. 2013; 58: e38-e43
- ARCHITECT(R) HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay: correlation of HIV-1 p24 antigen sensitivity and RNA viral load using genetically diverse virus isolates.J Clin Virol. 2013; 57: 169-172
US Food and Drug Administration. Approval letter. Geenius HIV 1/2 supplemental assay. 2014. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/ApprovedProducts/PremarketApprovalsPMAs/ucm420751.htm. Accessed March 2, 2018.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Adhikari EH, Macias D, Gaffney D, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of fourth-generation ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay and utility of signal-to-cutoff ratio to predict false-positive HIV tests in pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:408.e1-9.