Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- An International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)/International Continence Society (ICS) joint report on the terminology for female pelvic floor dysfunction.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 4-20
- Prevalence and burden of overactive bladder in the United States.World J Urol. 2003; 20: 327-336
- Refractory idiopathic urge urinary incontinence and botulinum A injection.J Urol. 2008; 180: 217-222
- Diagnosis and treatment of overactive bladder (non-neurogenic) in adults: AUA/SUFU guideline amendment.J Urol. 2015; 193: 1572-1580
- Clinical effects of suburothelial injection of botulinum A toxin on patients with nonneurogenic detrusor overactivity refractory to anticholinergics.Urology. 2005; 66: 94-98
- A prospective study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy and durability of response of intravesical injection of botulinum toxin type A into detrusor muscle in patients with refractory idiopathic detrusor overactivity.BJU Int. 2005; 96: 848-852
- Botulinum toxin in urology: a review of clinical potential in the treatment of urologic and sexual conditions.Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2015; 15: 95-102
- Patient experience and satisfaction with onabotulinumtoxin A for refractory overactive bladder.BJU Int. 2015; 116: 443-449
- Botulinum-A toxin for treatment of overactive bladder without detrusor overactivity: urodynamic outcome and patient satisfaction.Urology. 2005; 66: 82-87
- Alkalinized lidocaine versus lidocaine gel as local anesthesia prior to intra-vesical botulinum toxin (BoNTA) injections: a prospective, single center, randomized, double-blind, parallel group trial of efficacy and morbidity.Neurourol Urodyn. 2016; 35: 522-527
- Rectal drug administration: clinical pharmacokinetic considerations.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1982; 7: 285-311
- Use of botulinum-A toxin for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder symptoms: an initial experience.Urology. 2004; 63: 1071-1075
- Postoperative pain assessment tools in day surgery: literature review.J Adv Nurs. 2004; 46: 124-133
- Randomized controlled trial of postoperative belladonna and opium rectal suppositories in vaginal surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216: 491.e1-491.e6
- Prophylactic belladonna suppositories on anesthetic recovery after robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy.Can J Urol. 2013; 20: 6799-6804
- Urinary retention rates after intravesical onabotulinumtoxinA injection for idiopathic overactive bladder in clinical practice and predictors of this outcome.Neurourol Urodyn. 2015; 34: 675-678
- Pain: a review of three commonly used pain rating scales.J Clin Nurs. 2005; 14: 798-804
- Efficacy and safety of onabotulinumtoxinA for idiopathic overactive bladder: a double-blind, placebo controlled, randomized, dose ranging trial.J Urol. 2010; 184: 2416-2422
This study was supported by Wichita Medical Research and Education Foundation. The funding source had no involvement in study design, in data collection, analysis or interpretation of the data, in the writing of the report, or in the decision to submit the article for publication.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: LeClaire EL, Duong J, Wykes RM, et al. Randomized controlled trial of belladonna and opiate suppository during intravesical onabotulinum toxin A injection. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:488.e1-7.